Purchase/Upgrade GarageSale with PayPal

I’m eligible for upgrade pricing, but the app only allows payment by credit card and I need to use my PayPal account. Can’t find any purchase buttons/method via the web site.

I appreciate the finesse and convenience of having purchasing built into the app, but it should also be available from the web site - web-based payments are the de-facto standard in online commerce. It’s been this way for over 20 years and isn’t likely to change any time soon. Also, PayPal should be an option for all online purchases from every vendor, especially one that sells a product for use with eBay where PayPal is the standard payment option.

Need to get this upgrade done quickly and soon. eBay has been hiding auction descriptions with HTTP l link without informing customers of the change and I’d like to make sure buyers can see what I have on offer without having to click-through.

Hi,

please contact the GarageSale support for more payment options:
https://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Support.html

Regards, Kristian

Already sent an email on the 10th, but I just received a bounce back this morning.

GarageSale@iwascoding.com: host b.mx.iwascoding.com[136.243.171.23] said:
451-66.33.216.122 is not yet authorized to deliver mail from 451
SSSSSS@XXXXXXXXXXXXXX to garagesale@iwascoding.com. Please try later.
(in reply to RCPT TO command)

We used to offer PayPal payment through the payment processing company Kagi. Unfortunately Kagi went bankrupt 1 or 2 years ago, and so far request for payments through PayPal have been very few…

Kagi was a rip-off, I shed no tears that they’re gone. :slight_smile: PayPal is easy to support directly via their HTTP POST API or JSON.

I only use PayPal online. Credit cards here in Canada charge minimum 2.5% on top of exchange for US dollar transactions and often more for Euro/others. It’s also how I process payments for my own business as I’d rather someone else take the burden of accepting the credit card details, plus their commission is low compared to merchant services for online use here in Canada.

There’s just low friction using PayPal to process and it can be completely invisible to the customer if so chosen - with a bonus of also being able to accept any credit card, most bank cards and e-check/direct account transfer in countries supporting it.

So support sent me a link to another share-ware reseller (it’s like the early 1990s!) Share-It saying they might support PayPal. Maybe they do, maybe they don’t, but they list the GarageSale upgrade at $25.76 (0% VAT).

It’s the ultimate irony - an app that is specifically for a platform that deals exclusively with PayPal payments and contains features to deal with PayPal, can’t itself be purchased using PayPal.

I just want to give you guys an upgrade fee and the last message I got from support is “If ShareIT is not an option for you, there’s nothing I can do for you, unfortunately.”

I can think of many things that can be done, but as a vendor the goal is always to remove friction from the customer experience, so I shouldn’t have to.

Hi,

I can understand your anger but we simply do not support PayPal payment. I understood that you’re not happy about it.

At least we offer our products on another platform that supports PayPal (click on the buy button and you’ss see a PayPal button under payment option).

We also offer full licenses on eBay by the way but that’s not what you’re looking for.

Regards, Kristian

I’m not angry. I’m not pleased, but who should be angry is your staff, for missing out on a sale for such an obvious and easy to fix issue.

Like I said, the situation is most ironic - farcical even for software that is made for the biggest PayPal platform partner in the world and for use by customers who all use PayPal (if you have even one customer who doesn’t use PayPal I would be completely surprised). Maybe the humor doesn’t translate in Germany.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.