Relisting archieved auctions not created on garage sale

I am beyond frustrated at this point. I have imported over 300 ebay auctions that were created before I got my MacBook and went over to the dark side and started with Garage Sale. When I attempt to relist them using Garage Sale, I have opened a template and moved the auction to the auction column under inspector. I then seem to have either another auction linked which will relist and not the auction I am hoping to relist or the auction will relist with partial imformation. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

If you hit the re-list button, GarageSale will create a new auction. This is because eBay doesn’t have a “true relist” feature, instead relisting an auction on eBay means creating a new auction by copying some or all attributes from an earlier auction. A relisted auction will always get a new listing id on eBay, that’s why there is a new auction object created in GarageSale.

Can you be more specific on how the auction you have re-listed is not the auction you have hoped for?

Hi ilja,
I have also been wrecking my brain now how to import and auction from eBay and then re-list using GarageSale.
I wanted to change a few things and make sure that I have the template for future use.
When I move the imported auction up to My Templates and edit it, it allows the edit, but under Template drop-down there is no Revise Running Auction available, only Start New.
Also, 2 error codes come up: 1.Your listing cannot contain javascript (".cookie", “cookie(”, “replace(”, IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href.
2. Shipping policy is required.

Here are instructions on how to revise an existing auction:
https://wiki.iwascoding.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Revising_Auctions

I saw other users reporting the same problem. Unless you listing’s description indeed contains many of these terms, I suppose you are running into same kind of eBay bugs.

If you are using version 6, please make sure you update to the version linked in this post:

Hi ilja,
Before downloading the new 6.9.8b.6 version I saw that you mention it will require the back-up (which I can do) and knowing how to move GarageSale libraries between the App store and the website version (this I do not know how to do)
Could you list the steps needed to do that, so that I could download the update.
Thanks!

Okay, if you are using the Mac App Store version, make sure you have a backup copy of this folder:

Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale

If you don’t see the library folder in your home directory, you have to make it visible trough the View Options command in the Finder.

If anything goes wrong, you can always put revert to that backup folder.

Hi ilja,
I did look and can’t find this folder anywhere on my mac. I opened Library/containers and didn’t see anything ‘iwascoding’ I searched for this: Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale in my finder as well and nothing.
Any ideas on how to find it or how to copy it to the library/containers folder?
Thank you again!

The user Library is hidden by default! Click the Finder’s Go menu and press the option key (alt) to make the user’s Library show up in the menu. Selecting it will open it in the Finder.

Regards, Kristian