Return policy value is not valid

Hi, I have downloaded the latest version of the beta. All my listings were created using version 7 but after installing version 8 all my listings are there and look fine however I can’t revise them as I get the error stated above even though I have the return section completed. Please see screenshot.

Hi Mattduff,

it’s odd that eBay returns that error in GarageSale’s Preflight window. Your Return settings in your screenshot look fine.

Do you also get the same error in GarageSale’s Launch Control window after selecting “Revise Listing” from the “More” button?

Regards, Kristian

If the issue persist, could you export one of the listings in question using GarageSale’s export function (File menu > Export Listings) and post it here (conpressed as a zip file) or send it to GarageSale support so we can have a closer look at it?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian, thanks for the reply! Yes I can confirm I also get the error why using the ‘Revise Listing’ option. It is the same for all my listings. I have updated to the latest version today and the problem persists. I have attached a zipped listing for you to take a look at. Thanks for your help, Matt

Pack of 30 New White Boxes 15" x 11" x 11.5” 380 x 270 x 285 Strong Single Wall.gslisting.zip (2.0 MB)

Thank you for the listing.
I tried it here in GarageSale 8 but couldn’t reproduce the return error.

Maybe it has to do with the revise process but that’s just a guess. Maybe @ilja has an idea and can have a look at the listing, too?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian

Do you know if anybody has resolved this yet as I’ve just upgraded and am now getting the same problem.

Regards

Lou

Hi the problem still persists for me, its unusable for me. I have updated to latest version of the app and latest version of Catalina. It says I am using an unlicensed version so I’m not sure if that could be a problem and I’m also not logged in as a pro user as i don’t really need pro functions. I also still have GarageSale 7 installed still could this be causing issues?

Could you please give this version a try and see if you are still getting an error:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_8.0.3b3.dmg

Sorry Ilja - same problem.

I’ve installed the new version and rebooted the computer and still have the same issue

Regards

Lou

Could you please export the listing you are getting the error for and send it to me?

Ilja

Attached

Regards

Lou

Meguiars DA Polishing Power Pack.gslisting.zip (58.5 KB)

Hi Lou,

I’m not getting that error when I verify your listing with eBay UK. :frowning:

Therefore it would be helpful if you would enable remote logging for GarageSale on you Mac. This way I can see what eBay is sending back to you and open a bug report with eBay developer support.

Here is what you nee to do:

1. Quit GarageSale
  2. Open GarageSale and while holding down the Control-key on your keyboard
  3. In the Debug options panel, check the “Remote Loggin” checkbox and copy this identifier: OrUduS
  4. Try listing that item again
  5. Let me know if you have received that error again.

Hi Ilja

Did what you advised and am still having the same problem.

Regards

Lou

Thanks. I received your logs. Trying to make sense of it right now…

If you enable the “International Returns Accepted” checkbox just for testing, does eBay still return an error prior to listing?

Hi Ilja

Yes this works (except we specify on our listings that we don’t ship internationally at this stage). I do however get an amber warning: Returns Policy Option Depreciated - The value specified is no longer supported in certain categories or sites

Regards

Lou

Thanks for getting back. I now have an idea on how to work around this issue. Just waiting for confirmation from eBay dev support.

Please just ignore that warning. It’s ebay’s to migrate us all to business profiles.

1 Like

So, eBay got back to me: According to them, registered business sellers on eBay UK have to accept international returns, otherwise their listings gets rejected. :man_shrugging:

Currently thinking how we can make GarageSale display a better error in that case.

Thanks Illa

Will try that and will let you know if it still gives a problem

Regards

Lou

Just be aware that if you are a registered business seller on eBay UK, eBay might now require you to accept returns. :man_shrugging: