Select folder of 30,000 listings and get beachball

Select Folder with 30,307 listings. Get spinning beachball for about 20 seconds. Wait a few seconds… Get spinning beachball for about 20 seconds. Repeat.

Nothing in Activity Viewer.

This has to do with “loading conditions” or “getting fees for item …”

See SpinDump and Sample files.

Neal

Spindump and Sample of GarageSale.zip (1.1 MB)

I ran a few tests yesterday (I was still using a version a couple of weeks old) and I noticed the following.

If I select 100 PREPARED listings, either just to highlight or to start, the list is brought up before I can even start a stopwatch to time it.

If I select 100 ENDED WITHOUT LISTS OR SALES items the average time for the list to be brought up is 50 seconds. ie About 0.5 sec per listing.

I still think there is a lot of unnecessary verification going on.

I have nearly finished my stocktake since the January problems with queues, so I have now updated to the latest versions. Hopefully I don’t see any of the issues that you have, Neal.

I get the spinning ball only when the selected files have ended listings involved in the folders selected. All 7,700 is painful and 10-15 seconds. Differing lengths of time and between occurrences. A running smart group file containing 716 has no issues unless I right click and then a 7 second spin.

Thanks for the spindumps. It’s seems our toolbar changes are causing a different validation behavior for toolbar items, which seems to load all selected items into memory.

We are trying to find a way around that.

Yes. Just a single ended listing will slow it down.

Regards David

| rlmartin
March 7 |

• | - |

I get the spinning ball only when the selected files have ended listings involved in the folders selected. All 7,700 is painful and 10-15 seconds. Differing lengths of time and between occurrences. A running smart group file containing 716 has no issues unless I right click and then a 7 second spin.

Ah!

Yea, I have noticed that the “Relist” frequently button does NOT highlight right away, sometime it takes a click or two, and sometimes a few seconds to hilight. I THINK this has to do with the number of items selected. Which would make sense…

Neal

WOW!!! FANTASTIC!!!

Fixed for me in 9.0b11!

Thanx!!!
Neal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.