Support Email Bouncing

I am trying to send a support email from your support page and keep getting a Mail Delivery Error:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

garagesale@iwascoding.com
host mail.iwascoding.com [2a01:4f8:171:140e::2]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:garagesale@iwascoding.com:
550 Reverse DNS lookup failed for 2400:8f80:0:11::7
Reporting-MTA: dns; se2-syd.hostedmail.net.au

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;garagesale@iwascoding.com
Remote-MTA: dns; mail.iwascoding.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Reverse DNS lookup failed for 2400:8f80:0:11::7

Subject: Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: 1 August 2018 at 6:16:43 pm AEST
To: iwascoding garagesale@iwascoding.com

Bounced first time

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mail Delivery System Mailer-Daemon@se2-syd.hostedmail.net.au
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: 1 August 2018 at 6:06:50 pm AEST
To: info@ohmoments.com

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

GarageSale@iwascoding.com
host mail.iwascoding.com [2a01:4f8:171:140e::2]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:GarageSale@iwascoding.com:
550 Reverse DNS lookup failed for 2400:8f80:0:11::7
Reporting-MTA: dns; se2-syd.hostedmail.net.au

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;GarageSale@iwascoding.com
Remote-MTA: dns; mail.iwascoding.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Reverse DNS lookup failed for 2400:8f80:0:11::7

Subject: Support Request for GarageSale
Date: 1 August 2018 at 5:57:12 pm AEST
To: GarageSale@iwascoding.com

Dear iwascoding team,

The PayPal API Credentials I enter into the Account Field in GS are not working. Currently we cannot track PayPal Fees for sold items.

Now the Credentials I am using are working for all my other Shopping Cart apps and DID work for GS in early versions (currently 7.0.13) but not now. I get the error message when I test the connection that the Security Header is not valid ….

What can I do?

Very frustrating and no clearer after checking the User Forum.
Greg

Hi Greg,

it’s worth a try to clear all PayPal fields (including the PayPal email address field) by clicking in it, hitting cmd-a (select all) and then hitting the delete key. This way you make sure that there’re no invisible characters left in these fields.
If done re-enter your PayPal email and credentials and make sure that you don’t enter any additional characters or line breaks.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

Hi,

it seems that your email server’s reverse DNS entry is not configured properly. The reverse DNS entry for 2400:8f80:0:11::7 should be ohmoments.com, but there is no such entry. You have to either contact your administrator/postmaster or simply use an alternate email account from gmail etc.

By the way: all (support) answers from our server can not be send as (SMTP) connections to 103.9.171.56 time out.

Thanks,
Paul

Kristian
I tried this and sames result. This only started to happen in july. Before that it was ok.
I have attached a screen shot for when I insert API credentials … am I doing something wrong here. as the email address alone does not work.
Thanks Greg

Unfortunately, I can’t check if your PayPal credentials are correct but with email address I was referring to the PayPal email field in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts > eBay.

Did you already check the PayPal website? Maybe you need to fetch new credentials?

Regards, Kristian

Kristian
Yes I made sure that the right PayPal email was set up in Accounts. I guess then that I may have to renew, my API settings in PayPal and change all my other Shopping Cart settings for other online stores.
Do you know what the security header refers to?
Thanks greg

Hi Greg,

the security header are the three values you have entered in the panel (Username, Password and Signature). Did you copy/paste them from the PayPal website? Please make sure they do not contain newlines or spaces at the start/end.

Regards,
Paul

I have renewed the credentials and still an error. Do I need to grant Third Part access to your API? If so what would I enter?
Regards
greg

Down loade GS7.0.15 and reinstalled credentials. Bingo worked
Greg

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.