Support for Ebay's new Managed Payments

I have been invited to move to Ebay’s new Managed Payment service that is rolling out.

As a longtime GarageSale (and PayPal) user, is there an ETA when support will be added to GarageSale for creating and managing listings using Ebay’s Managed Payments service?

Reading over the FAQ from Ebay, I do not think I will make the switch to their new service right now. According to their FAQ they do not expect to add PayPal as one of their payment choices for buyers until Summer of 2019.

Dear Mike,

as there is currently no official (documented) support for Managed Payments in the eBay API we can not tell when we will be ready to support it. At first we need this support on eBay’s end, then we are able to see how long and complicated it is for us to support it.

If its just another payment service it would be as easy as adding one string to a file. But if eBay introduces more settings and dependencies we may need some more time.

But they just announces it as a “multi year journey” so maybe you have the patience to wait a few more months :wink:

Thanks,
Paul

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.