Sync conflict resolution window -> Beach ball, 100% CPU

On startup, GS 8.0.5 brings up the sync conflict resolution window but won’t let me select anything, it just hogs the CPU and won’t respong at all.

I have to force quit and cannot use GS anymore.

Please help, this is urgent!

To figure what going on, please can you send us the files and directories specified below: from this path in your account’s home directory:

Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale8/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale

Locate these items in that directory:

• GarageSale.leveldb
  • Synch.leveldb
  • SynchLog.txt
  • Synch–Pulldatabase.leveldb

Please zip up these files and upload to resulting .zip archive via this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/nDni9tj7bEiEBlvOQJIc

Thanks!

Thanks for the files you sent via DropBox!

It seems you collected a lot of changes to be merged, that’s why the Conflict Panel took so long to open.

We improved the opening time of the Conflict Panel in GS 8.0.6 Beta 1 quite a lot, so please give it a try. However, because of the size of the downloaded changes, please allow about 1 minute for importing the changes when closing the Conflict Panel.

But before you download and try the new beta version, please make a copy of GarageSale’s library folder. We had to change quite a lot to improve the performance, and our automated synching tests all pass, but you’ll never know. Better safe than sorry.

You can find the Library folder here:

Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale8/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale

You can download the new beta from this link:

Please let me know if the new version works for you.

:100: Awesome, Ilja! That did the trick.

Would it be possible to select multiple items on the left in the conflict resolution window in order to select which version to use for all of them at once?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.