"Tabbed" Listing Design Causes error on Mobile Devices

Currently using the COMPACT listing design and if you use your mobile phone (in my testing it is my iphone, most recent firmware & the most recent mobile ebay app) there is a significant error when selecting tabs.

The Compact Listing Design Features Customizable tabs which you can set to your needs (We use 5 tabs “Combining orders”, “About us”, Etc)

When you Use the Mobile Ebay app and try to view a listing with this design you can still highlight the tabs (which is great) but when you try to return to the 1st Tab (Default As: “Description”) You will get two errors dependent on preferences selected:

If you have “Optimized for Iphone” selected under Properties, then you will receive a pop-up message (within the ebay app) that reads “ERROR: bad URL” and the description will then be erased from the ebay app.

If you do not have “Optimized for iphone” selected then when you switch tabs and try to return to description then you cannot initially return to that Tab, unless you press the tab SEVERAL times which is very tricky to do.

I’ve encounted a few smaller bugs so far, but this seems to be a more significant issue that should probably be addressed. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks as always

-Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll have a look at this.

The design was tested in the eBay app, too but maybe they changed the way they handle links (the tabs are actually “internal” links).

Could you please send me a link to one of your listings in question so I can check whether you’re using the latest version of the design?

Regards, Kristian

Hey Kristian, I sent you a PM with those links. Thanks

Hi again, any updates with this issue? Thanks

Hi,

thank you for the link. I am already working on this issue.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.