Trouble with Verify Listing "errors"

Three errors presented. Two I can’t resolve:

1. “Condition not applicable”. Condition is not applicable for this category. The condition value has been dropped." Orange triangle is shown for this error as well.

I’m assuming this refers to the condition of the item being sold, e.g. “New, open box, seller refurbished, used”, etc. I’ve set it to “used”, but I keep getting an error. If I don’t use that condition, I can use “Condition Description”. That does seem to resolve the error, but I’d like to use “Condition”.

The category is: “Vintage Computers & Mainframes”

1. “Postal Code is invalid. Please enter a valid code”.
    The only place I can find to enter a zip code, (selling from the US), is when using a Shipping Profile. However, the zip code is part of the secondary item “Package”. That item doesn’t necessarily change it’s value, when I select a given Shipping Profile. I’ve verified that the Zip Code is correct. However, NOTHING I do can eliminate this error. This error is preceded by a Red Triangle.

I am stumped. I want to list this item as soon as I can, but I’m stuck because of these two errors.

It might already help to update the eBay category data. The condition values are part of this data.

Please give this a try:

1. Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts. Click on “Refresh Token” to refresh your eBay access token.
  2. If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.
  3. Re-select the category in your listing, then check the condition menu.

Postal Code:
You might want to check your zip code in the “Location” settings, too! (see the “Advanced” Inspector sidebar)

In the shipping options you need to check the “Package” details as you already pointed out. If you are using a Shipping Profile there might be an issue with that profile. Check/edit that profile (or create a new one) on the eBay website. Back in GarageSale download the latest profiles (select “Update profiles” from the shipping profile menu), then select the latest profile.

Kristian

Thanks for the tips. I wasn’t familiar with the “Refresh Token” step. I followed your instructions, but the problem remained. So for the listing in question, I simply didn’t use “Condition”. Instead, I used “Condition Description”. That way, I can at least give some info re. the items’s condition.

As for the Postal Code, the “Location” setting in the Inspector Sidebar was the problem. Fixed it.

Thanks again for your help.

• Eric

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.