Unable to edit images

Hi,

After upgrading to 7.07 today we are unable to edit images. I edited images on an import from Scout before the upgrade. I can’t edit images in imported listings now. Since I never tried to edit images on imported listings before, I’m not sure if it is a problem or if that’s expected. Does anyone know, please? Thanks!

Vera

Can you please give me more details about this issue? What does can’t edit exactly mean?

Is the “Open in Built-in Editor” command not active?

Hi, Ilja, that is correct. Those choices on the drop down menu are gray and inactive on all imported listings. If the listing was created in GS7, they can be edited. These screenshot listing was imported, has been edited and is live on eBay.

Thank you! Appreciate the help.

Vera

Hi Vera,

I just tried it here and created a listing with GarageSale Scout and added an image. Next I imported it in GarageSale 7. Both in Editor and in Preview mode all editing options are available.

However, could it that you added “image URLs” to your (imported) listings? Those (online) images can’t be edited from within GarageSale.

Regards, Kristian

Hi, Kristian,

I was referring to listings imported from eBay that were not created with GarageSale. This my first time using Garage Sale, updated to 7.07 in the last 2 days, purchased just a couple of weeks ago. The images were imported with the listings from eBay. You can see an image is highlighted in the background but the choice is gray on the drop down box. That explains it!

Thanks!

Vera

Hi Vera,

it seems that the “Import from eBay” function imported the image URL only, not the image file.
In the “import from eBay” panel do you remember if “Download listing images” was selected?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Unfortunately, I don’t remember it well. I’d imagine, given the choice, I’d import the images for sure.

Thanks!

Vera

Hi, Just imported a single listing from eBay making sure that the “import images” was checked. Then I checked the images to see if I can edit them but they cannot be edited outside of GarageSale, the choices are also gray. Anything else I can do? Thanks again!
Vera

Hi Vera,

thank you for checking.
As far as I can tell the “import from eBay” function should be able to download the actual image file but it doesn’t seem to work currently. This might be a bug or a missing feature. I added it to our to do list.

For now you can’t edit these imported image URLs in GarageSale directly, sorry. It might work if you drag them from the Preview to your desktop and then back to GarageSale.

Regards, Kristian

…and fixed 28 minutes after reproduced by @kristian in this release:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2017-03-03.dmg

Please let us know if this fix release solved the issue for you!

Works fine for me!

Vera, the new release should work for you for newly imported listings.

Regards, Kristian

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.