Unable to restore datbase

My Mac isn’t booting up so I created a boot disk to allow me access to the HD.

I’ve managed to get in an install GS, but it isn’t showing my database.

I’ve followed these instructions:

GarageSale 7 keeps your database in a folder called
com.iwascoding.garagesale7 in your User Library* under
Macintosh HD/Users/yourUserName/Library/Containers
To make your database available on a new system, this folder from your backup must be copied to the corresponding location on the new system. Make sure GarageSale is not running while transfering this folder to its new location.

But when I go to that folder, there is nothing obvious there to actually import when you go to File>Import>Import Listings

What file name should I be looking for?

Thanks

You got the instructions slightly wrong. The “Import Listings” command is only for listings that you have previously exported using the “Export Listings” command. Therefore, you cannot use it in your scenario.

Rather, you have the put the GarageSale container folder “com.iwascoding.garagesale7”, which you copied from the original installation into the same location on your current installation. Just put it into the Library/Containers/ folder in your home directory on the current installation. There are two caveats, though:

1. Don’t mike the Library folder in your home directory with the Library folder at the top level of your hard drive
  2. You might make have to make Library folder in your home directory visible first:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.