Why do live listings have black boxes?

Live listings with no bids should have blue boxes and listings with bids should have green boxes. Why do some of my live listings with no bids have black boxes? I thought black boxes indicated they aren’t live?

All of these items are live but many have black boxes.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 2.26.07 PM
Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 2.25.58 PM
Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 2.25.48 PM

Could it be that you maybe relisted the listings in question through the eBay website (and not from within GarageSale)?

If you compare the eBay Item ID shown in GarageSale’s Inspector sidebar in “Live” mode with the item ID shown on the eBay website, are these the same item IDs?

What you should try in GarageSale is this:

1. Refresh your eBay access tokens in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts.

2. If done, select “Update All Listings” from the Listing menu.

Regards, Kristian

Did you try to select the grey ones and click the update icon in top bar?

No i figured out what happened i tried to relist old listings and garage sale made a complete mess of it. It randomly moved the live listings into random different folders throughout the program and even duplicated many auctions for no apparent reason at all. Some of the auctions were never even uploaded.

Most of items in black are actually live but the live version (with the blue box) moved to another folder for some reason. Had to go 1 by 1 and see where they ended up… Had to erase many that were duplicated (?) and also figure out which ones were actually uploaded and which weren’t.

No these werent uploaded thru ebay. All were uploaded thru garage sale. These were unsold items I was relisting. If I upload multiple folders at 1 time it does this but if i do 1 folder at a time it seems to work fine.

Any fix for this madness?

no update icon does nothing… i just made a response as to what seems to have happened. the listings are actually live but the “live version” for these listings with the blue box randomly got moved to another folder when i uploaded the auction. Have no clue why it does this. It only happens why i try to relist multiple folders of unsold items at a time. If i reupload 1 folder at a time the entire folder will be blue and nothing will get moved to another folder.

That’s how GS is supposed to work. Check preferences in the bottom left corner of launch window:

Can you translate that to english please?

Check directly in your GS, launch control (after pressing start) > bottom left corner

You find more info about the “Launch Control Options” in the help here:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Listings_Section-Relisting_Listings.html#launch-control-options

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.