Window doesn't open while GarageSale application is open

Each time I open GarageSale 7.0.10, no windows appear. I can open certain auxillary windows, but when I close some of them, the application program quits. Is it related to recently upgrading from version 6 of GarageSale?

thank you

When you open the Console utility (under /Application/Utilities), and select “system.log” in the left-hand outline, do you see any output from GarageSale? You can use the Search field in the top right of the Console window to filter for GarageSale output.

Thank you for the inquiry. According the system.log of consule utility, there is no output from Garagesale. Under the system log queries, there is the repeated messages of “Invalid parameter not satisfying: inSourceURL” and *** Assertion failure in -[GSImageLibraryManager startGeneratingThumbnailForURL:imageUUID:notificationObject:], /Users/ilja/source/GarageSale_7/GarageSale/GSImageLibrary/Manager.m:397"

Here is a version that works around the assertion, but don’t get your hopes up high, as those assertions might hint to more problems:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2018-01-11.dmg

Thanks. There is now the following entries in the system.log: Jan 11 15:10:48 Davids-iMac kernel[0]: hfs: mounted GarageSale_7_4150 on device disk2s1
Jan 11 15:10:49 Davids-iMac.local mds[57]: (Volume.Normal:2464) volume:0x7f938c83a000 ********** Bootstrapped Creating a default store:1 SpotLoc:(null) SpotVerLoc:(null) occlude:0 /Volumes/GarageSale_7_4150
Jan 11 15:11:17 Davids-iMac.local GarageSale[2491]: is running from disk image
Jan 11 15:11:26 Davids-iMac.local GarageSale[2491]: will copy myself to /Applications/GarageSale.app
Jan 11 15:11:31 Davids-iMac.local GarageSale[2491]: will restart at /Applications/GarageSale.app
Jan 11 15:11:45 Davids-iMac.local GarageSale[2517]: *** Assertion failure in -[GSImageLibraryManager startGeneratingThumbnailForURL:imageUUID:notificationObject:], /Users/jenkins/jenkins-remote/workspace/GarageSale_7/GarageSale/GSImageLibraryManager.m:397
Jan 11 15:11:45 Davids-iMac.local GarageSale[2517]: Invalid parameter not satisfying: inSourceURL
Jan 11 15:12:54 Davids-iMac.local GarageSale[2531]: *** Assertion failure in -[GSImageLibraryManager startGeneratingThumbnailForURL:imageUUID:notificationObject:], /Users/jenkins/jenkins-remote/workspace/GarageSale_7/GarageSale/GSImageLibraryManager.m:397
Jan 11 15:12:54 Davids-iMac.local GarageSale[2531]: Invalid parameter not satisfying: inSourceURL

Sorry, seems I overlooked another path that leads to the assertion. Can you please give this version anther try:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2018-01-12.dmg

Thank you–the main window appears to open now.

regards

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.