A server with the specified hostname could not be found

Hello
I have been busy creating a few dozen listings, and last night I hit the “Rocket” button, and was hit with an error.
“A server with the specified hostname could not be found” No matter what I do, I cannot seem to find the cause! Google tells me nothing, of course…
Each auction has ~3-5 photos, all hosted on eBay. There is no FTP server, no Image server, and my internet is working (as I am writing this message!)

Any ideas? Its driving me nuts!!

Here is an image to show the exact error…
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 2.07.55 pm

Anyone at all?
a week later, still having the same issue… Reinstalled software, removed preference files, completely restarted it all, and no luck. What am I clearly doing wrong? It was working fine, and then… absolutely nothing!

What have you selected as option for eBay image uploads? Our server or eBay’s server?

Also, are you running LittleSnitch which blocks GarageSale from accessing certain servers?

thank you for your reply! :slight_smile:
I am using eBay Picture Service (EPS) and the only firewall I have is LuLu, but I have ensured there is nothing in there for GarageSale.

Most likely, something on your Mac or on your network is blocking GarageSale from accessing eBay’s API server, or your DNS server is faulty and connect provide an IP address for eBay’s API server.

What happens when you open https://api.ebay.com/ws/api.dll in Safari?

When I click the link, I see the following.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<eBay>

<EBayTime>2021-08-12 11:52:00</EBayTime>

<Errors>

<Error>

<Code>2</Code>

<ErrorClass>RequestError</ErrorClass>

<SeverityCode>1</SeverityCode>

<Severity>SeriousError</Severity>

<Line>0</Line>

<Column>0</Column>

<ShortMessage>

<![CDATA[ Unsupported verb. ]]>

</ShortMessage>

</Error>

</Errors>

</eBay>

You should double-check that you don’t use a tool or a browser extension that could block the network (Kaspersky, LittleSnitch, MacKeeper, HandsOff, cisco anyconnect, GlimmerBlocker or any other AdBlocker). If possible, try it with another Wifi network, too.

I don’t know LuLu Firewall but disabling it and then restarting your Mac is worth a try.
Restarting your router is also worth a try if not done already.

Your GarageSale preferences > ImageServer is blank?

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.