Active content and ebay notice

I too have been getting ebay notices regarding active content. I use Garage Sale templates, both store and other. I don’t add javascript to my description and I use, and have never used, a photo service or any other add-on. When looking at the source I see multiple .js that I did not code…most seem like they are from eBay itself. With hundreds of listings I don’t know where to begin.
An example of a problem listing is https://www.ebay.com/itm/333184132862
If anyone can give me some help with this I would greatly appreciate it!
Ruth

Hi Ruth,

I checked your listing’s source code. There’s no “active content” in your listing that comes from GarageSale but could it be that you’re using “Last Pass”?
There’s some javascript code in your item description that seems to come from Last Pass. Please don’t ask me why but we had customers with the same issue in the past who also used Last Pass.

You should try if it already helps to uninstall Last Pass (or at least the browser extension).

Hope this helps,
Kristian

Hi Kristian,
Thanks for that information. I am using Last Pass but I just started using it about 3-4 weeks ago. This listing and all my others were done a long time before that.
I write my listing entirely in GS and upload it through GS. I use Last Pass strictly as a password manager for my browser. How could it be adding code to my listing? What code is theirs?
Also, can I jsut ignore it? I tried to “remove” it via eBay and the listing looked the same. With hundreds of listings I am NOT looking forward to re-doing them. Ruth

I can’t answer this question. Maybe their support knows what’s going on. Maybe you edited the item description directly on the eBay website in your browser and LastPass somehow added their code. I am just guessing here.

If you open the listing’s source code it’s the javascript at the very bottom below the code from GarageSale. That’s the code in question:

<script>try{(function() {if (typeof(lpcurruser) == 'undefined') lpcurruser = ''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt') && document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value != '') { lpcurruser = document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value = ''; } if (typeof(lpcurrpass) == 'undefined') lpcurrpass=''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt') && document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value != '') { lpcurrpass = document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value = ''; } var lploc=1;var lponlyfill=1;(function() {
  var doc = document;
  var frm = doc.getElementById('SignInForm');
  var old_username = doc.getElementById('userid');
  var old_password = doc.getElementById('pass');
  var runids = doc.getElementsByName('runId2');
  var runid = null;
  if (runids.length==1) { runid = doc.getElementsByName('runId2')[0]; }
  if (frm && runid && old_username && old_password ) {
    try {
      old_username.value = "";
      old_password.value = "";
      old_username.parentNode.nextSibling.getElementsByTagName('input')[0].value = lpcurruser;
      old_password.parentNode.previousSibling.getElementsByTagName('input')[0].value = lpcurrpass;
    } catch (e) { };
  }
})();lpcurruser = ''; lpcurrpass = '';})();}catch(e){}</script><script>try{(function() {if (typeof(lpcurruser) == 'undefined') lpcurruser = ''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt') && document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value != '') { lpcurruser = document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value = ''; } if (typeof(lpcurrpass) == 'undefined') lpcurrpass=''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt') && document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value != '') { lpcurrpass = document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value = ''; } var lploc=2;var lponlyfill=1;(function() {
  var doc = document;
  var frm = doc.getElementById('SignInForm');
  var old_username = doc.getElementById('userid');
  var old_password = doc.getElementById('pass');
  var runids = doc.getElementsByName('runId2');
  var runid = null;
  if (runids.length==1) { runid = doc.getElementsByName('runId2')[0]; }
  if (frm && runid && old_username && old_password ) {
    try {
      old_username.value = "";
      old_password.value = "";
      old_username.parentNode.nextSibling.getElementsByTagName('input')[0].value = lpcurruser;
      old_password.parentNode.previousSibling.getElementsByTagName('input')[0].value = lpcurrpass;
    } catch (e) { };
  }
})();lpcurruser = ''; lpcurrpass = '';})();}catch(e){}</script>

Since eBay does not allow javascript code you shouldn’t ignore it but remove it.

Regards, Kristian

Thanks, I see it now. I have no idea how it got there!!! I don’t usually edit on eBay. Sometimes I may adjust a price on one or 2 items it is on all my listings. I will contact them and see what they say.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.