Advice for listing moving after starting

Hello,
I have an advice I hope you could evaluate concerning the moving option after starting.
I noticed that when I change the output folder for one item ALL other listings change to the same folder. I try to give you a concrete example to explain this matter, please tell me what you think.
I have to start 3 different listings with 3 models, A B and C. Each one goes in a different folder, first to folderA, second to folderB and third to folderC. I start A and set the output folder as folderA. Then I do the same with B and C. After this, I want to start 3 other items, each one for one model. However, when I list the first item with modelA, it does not go to folderA but to folderC since the last auction I started was supposed to go to folderC. But modelA was originally set to send activated listing to folderAā€¦ I mean, it would be useful that each listing keeps memory of the original output folderā€¦ did you understand what I mean :grin:?

I guess. :wink:

So you have several ā€œLaunch Controlā€ windows open at the same time, each setup to move the started listing to a different folder? Once you start a listing, it goes the folder you selected last?

Did I get you right?

Mmmhh :grin: ā€¦ my english is too bad, I know I knowā€¦

Here it will be more clear I hope :smiley:

video on dropbox

P.S. @ilja I do not know why in the video spinning ball is not recordered, but you see it is quite slow after clicking on a listing to show itā€¦

Thanks for the video. I understand what you are trying to do, but thatā€™s unfortunately not how this feature is designed.

GarageSales does not store the destination folder per listing. There is a single application global setting that stores the last selected group. Also, each instance of the ā€œLaunch controlā€ window remembers its own setting as long as you donā€™t close it.

I can see your need, but we have to think how to best implement something that helps you.

P.S. The beachball is indeed not visible. If you can leave the ā€œspindumpā€ utility running for about 2 minutes while doing the same thing as in the video, we can discover where GarageSale spends its time. See this post for instructions:

Mmmhh I seeā€¦ so it does not keep memory of the folderā€¦ I think it would be really useful. I try to explain you what I have in mind (I hope with a better explanation than first message :sweat_smile:).
If I have many ended listing and I want to relist them all, I cannot highlight all and relist in bulk since each listing should go in a specific folder. @ilja What do you think about this?

I have just done, I send you it by messageā€¦

Thanks for the spin dump file. Weā€™ll tweak a few number for the next release. Let me know if you are still seeing beach ball that often with the new version.

Of course, I will let you know about this after some tries.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.