AppleScript to toggle Best Offer state of selected listings

This came up recently, in a discussion of problems with grayed out “Best Offer” checkboxes.

I use this AppleScript to turn on Best Offer for all selected listings, regardless of whether the interface is available or not.

Turn off Best Offer:

tell application "GarageSale"
	repeat with theListing in (get selected ebay listings)
		set the use best offer of theListing to false
	end repeat
end tell

Turn on Best Offer:

tell application "GarageSale"
	repeat with theListing in (get selected ebay listings)
		set the use best offer of theListing to true
	end repeat
end tell

Obviously these could be combined into a single script with a dialog box that asks which to do, but I find the manual invocation using the Scripts menu helps me avoid doing the wrong one when I’m in a hurry.

2 Likes

Having this issue, what exactly do I have to do to make this active again? Have some grayed our Best Offer check boxes for some reason.

Maybe your eBay category data is out-dated or you have a category selected that doesn’t support BO.

It’s worth a try to update the eBay category data manually. This is how:

1. Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts and click on “Refresh Access Token”.
  2. If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.
  3. Re-select the eBay category in your listing, if needed

No @kristian , it doesn’t concern the out-dated data. This is a bug that appeared back in 9.2 or a close version. It is time I reported it. Recently Ilja made a beta to test Still best offer option bug and my sales are drawing down - #7 by ilja . It is still soon to say if this fixed or not the bug because I need to wait the end of a complete turn of auto-cancel (30 days). Then, when all listings will be ended and relisted, I will be able to check if all restarted listings show correctly the best offer feature or if there are still ones which don’t have it. I will keep you updated about this.

In my case, the problem is that I have listings on multiple eBay sites (eBay US and eBay Motors). There are several settings which are grayed out or show uninformative “multiple sites” messages when that is the case.

This script does ensure the setting is on (or off, if you edit it in the obvious way).

I’d say it’s not a bug, in the sense that GS users should probably keep listings from different sites in separate groups, since there are qualitative differences in information that needs to be submitted to different sites.

If you select one at a time, are the checkboxes still grayed out in your listings? If so, then I’d agree that it’s a bug.