Automatic Relisting and Inventory

I know that Automatic Relisting had all sorts of issues in GS6 and we’ve yet to utilize it within GS7 yet, but would like to start. Before we do, I wanted to ask on the proper way to set it up. Most of our listings are one-off items, but we also have dozens of multiple-quantity items as well. We want to set them all up to auto relist AND a) have the quantity available to properly reflect previous sales, and b) not relist one-off or multiple-quantity items after they’ve been sold out.

So with all that said, what is the proper way to do this? Thanks!

Hi

Not sure if this is what you are asking but if you do a good-till-canceled listing it will stay up until all the inventory is sold without having to worry about re-listing or adjusting quantities. I list several item with that option and have never had an issue.

If you have a large number of listings, absolutely go with the GTC…

Our understanding is that the GTC listings do not receive the same level of visibility as Auctions or Buy It Now listings. At least that is what we’ve been told by eBay reps in the past.

Well, I thought the same before, and it was why I did not switch before to GTC. However now it has been 6 months I have been using only GTC and I am not listing new items since November 2017, and items continue selling and so do not go buried between millions of listings. So, it is much better than what I expected. Before you do not have to become crazy with all relisting issues… a must if you have a large number of listings, in my opinion…

I sell 100% in GTC listings. Ebay runs on fees and they want them ASAP. They always want and recommend you sell at auction or buy it now listings because they turn over fees faster and sooner. Auction listed in 10 days = 3 relisting fees per month, 7 days is 4 per month. GTC is one fee per month until it sells.

Mmh it depends on your plan. Until some month ago I paid about 50€/month and had illimited free listings (GTC and/or 30 days). New changes set the amount to 10.000 listing, further has a cost each one, if you don’t change plan at about 150€/month and free illimited listings. I guess it depends on the site you use…

We have an eBay Store account and get 1000 BIN/GTC and 500 Auctions each month free through the store subscription. We mostly deal with numismatics so our items are mostly single quantity listings, but there are exceptions. If indeed GTC reduces visibility then we’d rather stick with 30 day BIN and have the app relist them for us automatically. All the issues with auto relisting and quantity were suppose to have been fixed in GS7 but before changing 1200 listings, I wanted to be certain of the proper way to do it.

I am a numismatist too (but I don’t sell coins in eBay), the few I listed in the past went all sold also after many months that were online. This means GTC does not reduce visibility so much, they were all GTC. In my option coins (except those very cheap) are the best items for GTC… just consider one thing: 30-days listings “loss” customers clicks when they end, while the GTCs don’t. This means that more and more people observe it, and the more clicks you have, the more it ranks. The 30-days with relisting is more suitable for those items very ripetitive like postcards that buyer generally buy when they appear as new in ebay (and so check new listed items category by category). At least it is how it works in my ebay site…
My ebay shop subscription is much different, 10.000 GTC and only 50 auctions (ridiculous…). I used relistings for months for the same reason, but at the end I desperately gave up because of those issues that sometime appeared… and I had no time and patience. 1200 is not that number, I switched 6000 listings from 30-days to GTC, and I am sure there are seller with dozes of thousands items…

With 30 day BIN you also loose anyone who has bookmarked the item or marked it as “watch” on a watch list.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.