Automatic Restart and Cancellation

I recently started using the automatic restart and cancellation feature. For the most part, it has worked out well but we’ve had a few listings that were sold but were relisted automatically which it should not have done. As a result, the items were purchased twice and we had to issue refunds. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.

Was the automatic restart option enabled in these listings?
Also, are you sure that it was GarageSale that restarted these listing or was it eBay maybe?:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/relisting-items?id=4147#section1

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian. The automatic restart option was enabled. After the item was sold, the system automatically generated an active listing. I will review the link you sent and will see if it was done through eBay. Thank you.

As long as there’s quantity left, that’s the normal behavior if I am not mistaken. If the auto restart option is enabled, GarageSale will restart the listing once it is sold.
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Listings_Section-Relisting_Listings.html#automatic-restart-feature

Regards, Kristian

It is most likely this. It has burnt me a few times. Make sure the “Ignore Inventory Quantity” is not checked. It sometime auto fills itself. I wish it wasn’t there but it is. Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 12.08.48 PM

I have been using restarts since GS started the feature. The quantity in inventory is the only thing that has been a problem for me the whole time. Once you learn what can cause a problem it is great and easy to use. You have to watch GS closely to be sure all your settings are correct. I still can get a check box wrong. This check box can also get you:

Ignore Inventory Quantity was unchecked. I will look at this box to see if this could be causing it. Thanks so much for your help!

You also have to look back at the first listing to sell. It may be checked on the “Ignore” button but the restarted listing the check is removed.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.