Barcode scanner / used auto parts

just wondering if there was a fix with the scanner and auto parts, Or if there was a update for auto parts and Ebay motors yet ?

Hi Brandylynn,

could you let me know what fix with the scanner you’re referring to?
If you’re looking for a barcode scanner maybe our free GarageSale Scout app for iOS already helps?:

eBay Motors is supported by GarageSale but eBay’s “Parts Compatibilty” feature isn’t. We created a thread in this user forum last year but didn’t get many replies:

Is that still a feature sellers are using?

Regards, Kristian

I have the garage sale scout scanner it will not scan auto parts barcodes .
I use Ebay product catalog but its hit and miss
hollender is a computer system we use at our salvage yard they have a opt but its ridiculous. I sent yaii a video maybe 6 months ago

Parts compatibility (motorbikes) is something we have wanted since eBay offered it as our competitors are using it (presumably listing with Windows apps).

Can you send me a picture again of such a barcode? Is the GarageSale Scout app able to turn into a code?

No problem

The garage sale app doesn’t recognize it

Here are a few examples

Maybe I am wrong but for me these barcodes look like vendor-specific, non-EAN barcodes. It might be that the eBay product catalogue does not support these kind of barcodes.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.