Basics of Inventory - Variations - Create inventory from Listing?

Most of my listings I have a listing created for. If I sell it, the listing is always there for me to use again if I find the same item or a similar one.

I have been experimenting with Inventory and I can’t seem to find the best way to update my inventory. If I have a listing running with and I need to add 1 more to my inventory, what is the best way to do this?

What about with variations - I actually have 3 in inventory, but in the listing variation is shows 4 because that is where it started, and the inventory panel says -3. I don’t know how many I have in inventory unless I go to the actual listing in my browser and select each item. Am I doing something wrong?

And - I have many listings, and very few inventory items. Doesn’t it seem like there should be an option to create an inventory item from a listing?

I am not sure if I got this correctly but you could simply increase the quantity to e.g. “2” and then, in listing mode, link the inventory item with another listing by using the SKU field in the Options Inspector.
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Inventory_Section-Linking_Inventory_Items_to_Listings.html

Sorry, I am not sure if I can follow you. For me it sounds you’re overcomplicating things here :slight_smile:
If 4 variations fields are shown in the variation panel when you only have 3 corresponding inventory items then feel free to leave one variation field blank.
Also, in the variation panel all your available inventory items are shown on the left. Please see the help here for all details:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Listings_Section-Variations.html

Thank you for your request. Maybe this can be added to a future version of GarageSale.

Regards, Kristian

Good day - On the topic of how to adjust my inventory for a listing with variations. See images below -

1. Without going to my inventory to count - I am not sure which one is correct. Seems there is no place that shows what is live on eBay. I don’t think when I sell one the Inventory section updates. . .

2. If I receive 3 more pieces, where do I do this, Inventory or Variation?

This is what the Variation Panel shows

This is what the Inventory section shows:

And here is live eBay
live ebay

Thanks

Tracy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.