Being told pictures are not RGB format when they are

I am getting the following error:

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 12.35.32 PM.pdf (955.2 KB)

The files were originally saved as RGB, .jpeg. I have checked, and rechecked, re-sized, and re-saved, and I cannot figure out what I am missing and why I can’t get them to upload.

Hi,

can you post the picture in question? GarageSale does not convert the images while importing (at least not the bitmap type).

You can try to switch from EPS/eBay server (where the error originates from) to our server (iwascoding image server) in the GarageSale Preferences. There shouldn’t be such a validation when uploading to our server.

Thanks,
Paul

Here is one of the pictures. I switched to the GarageSale server and tried to start the listing, and again got the same error message, that pictures with a CMYK colorspace are not supported and to change the picture to RGB format. But this picture IS in RGB format!

Hi Annasach,

I started some test listings with the picture you provided. I was not able to reproduce the error. Could it be that it’s another picture that is causing the trouble?

Also, I checked the picture in Photoshop and Preview.app. Both say it’s RGB, you’re right.

Regards, Kristian

There are no other pictures, so no.

I went in and messed with a bunch of the settings, picture size allowed, etc., and somewhere in there I managed to make them work. I wish I could tell you how, but I was sort of desperately clicking on different things.

Weird bug, don’t know what to tell you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.