Best option to create a backup for my listings?

I have over 5000 listings at the moment, about 4000 of which are active. What would be the easiest way to backup these listings and how? USB key, cloud. Opinions?

Running time machine over at least one HD + manual copies of com.iwascoding folder over an external SSD sometimes. Make sure to copy the com.iwascoding while GS is closed. This is my suggestion.

As already suggested by @fedege96, make sure you have a backup copy of the folder /Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale/

The easiest way would be to get an external hard drive and enable Appleā€™s Time Machine for your Mac. If you are the person who forgets to regularly connect the backup drive to your Mac, a more expensive but more convenient option is getting a time machine compatible NAS device (QNAP, Synology, etc.)

Third, there are also paid online backup services, but depending on your upload rate, it might take a while to upload all your changes to the backup companies servers.

Thank you for the help. You have both been very informative!

Just to update: I copied the folder /Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale/ to a key. The folder was over 8GB and took over an hour to copy. The chore part was to find the folder since Mac hides it by default. Check out the tips here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/showing-library-folder-in-mojave.2128500/.
Thank you for the help, I never would have found this file otherwise! :grin:

@donmtl just finder > go (top bar menu) > press alt > library will appear > containers > com.iwascoding . Bought a SSD and a case, I have my archive always with me in my bag, takes 110 seconds to copy 29 GB into it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.