[bug] Author attribute UI does not allow creation of first one

Using GarageSale 8.3.6, I have noticed that the Author UI element does not allow the first item to be added, when the “+” button is pushed. If there is already an author specified, the UI works correctly, allowing extra ones to be added or removed. But it does not allow the move from 0 -> 1 author.

This is especially important because the books without author attributes set are getting “required soon” warnings from the eBay bots…

I just tried it here in the “Books” category but wasn’t able to reproduce this issue yet. No matter what I was able to add (and delete) an author even when no author has been added yet.

Does it maybe help to remove the “Author” field completely and then re-add it?

That does work, and I wonder… what I was doing wrong?

It’s also the case that if I delete (with the “–” button) the last Author entry in the array, the UI disappears for me here. But when I was in this situation the other day, it was not responding that way: I could press it and the empty-looking UI list would stay. These were listings that I had been running for many months (and years in some cases), so… maybe their attributes got borked somehow by the category migration eBay did on their side? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It seems to be fixed now, so I won’t worry much about it. Since many of these listings I have are so old, I have been cleaning them out entirely and starting new attributes from scratch anyway.

Thanks! Will keep an eye out for anything that could explain it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.