Bug with "show recursive item count"

Hi,

there is a bug with “show recursive item count” feature. Total displayed is not correct if inside that folder there is another folder which have inside another folder which contains empty folders inside. Quite complex to explain, in few words empty folders are considered as listings. Example:

FOLDER A (shows 700 items)

FOLDER B inside A (contains 200 listings)

FOLDER C inside A (contains 200 listings)

FOLDER D inside A (contains folders and subfolders, all empty)

Total shown on folder A should be 400, not 700. Folder D has no listings inside, just 300 empty folders.

I hope it will help.

So your request is: “Don’t count folders in the recursive item count, just non-folder items.” ?

1 Like

I think I’d agree on that, too.

But then the behavior will be different from old/non-recursive item count, which counted folders. I’m uncertain which way to go. Another checkbox in the preference “Exclude subfolders from count”?

Hi @ilja ,

yes, explained with my bad English, but that was what I had in mind. I though that the new feature worked exactly that matter, no folders but listings count. Maybe another checkbox would be the best solution for all.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.