Can I please have a Discount feature

I would like a Discount feature to help me in relisting, whereby i select an item or a range of items, and then say discount the Price by either 10% or 5$…

with 600 auctions running this would be an incredible help…
as presently going though the auctions singly and rating of a discount then going to revise or relist can take all day…

regards

Sandy

1 Like

It would be a nice idea, I was thinking about it some days ago, but at the end I found it was not so useful. I mean, if the item starts for 20 $ and the option reduce 5 $ each resisting, after 3 relistings there will be 5 $ left and after 4 the price will be 0 $… it should be not so convenient… anyway, it should be a good idea for some reasons, but I think it’s better if you use the discount feature through eBay, with some clicks you can apply discounts for all listing, for some or for specific categories and you won’t have to modify one by one with GS (that, at least for me, is becoming too slow…)

This is already possible through AppleScript. Please go to GarageSale’s Help menu and choose “Show AppleScript Examples”. Take a look at the “Change Starting Bid by Factor” and “Change BIN Price” scripts.

These scripts should provide enough guidance to create a script tailored to your own needs. Hope this helps.

I found interesting solutions, but actually I have no idea how to use them… is there a guide somewhere?

I guess you need to learn at least the basics of AppleScript. Try googling for a tutorial:

https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+script+tutorial

Ah I see, so it is not just a copy and paste somewhere feature :disappointed_relieved: I think it will require some time to learn, especially thanks to my deep knowledge of the matter… I have recently discovered this GS’s side I did not know before and it seems I can do lots of interesting things…

Thank you for your help, I will give a try

I bough a mac because I did NOT want to learn programming…

but I will by any ebay listing program that offers this feature as it is starting to bug me…
Sandy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.