Can I please have a Discount feature

I would like a Discount feature to help me in relisting, whereby i select an item or a range of items, and then say discount the Price by either 10% or 5$ā€¦

with 600 auctions running this would be an incredible helpā€¦
as presently going though the auctions singly and rating of a discount then going to revise or relist can take all dayā€¦

regards

Sandy

1 Like

It would be a nice idea, I was thinking about it some days ago, but at the end I found it was not so useful. I mean, if the item starts for 20 $ and the option reduce 5 $ each resisting, after 3 relistings there will be 5 $ left and after 4 the price will be 0 $ā€¦ it should be not so convenientā€¦ anyway, it should be a good idea for some reasons, but I think itā€™s better if you use the discount feature through eBay, with some clicks you can apply discounts for all listing, for some or for specific categories and you wonā€™t have to modify one by one with GS (that, at least for me, is becoming too slowā€¦)

This is already possible through AppleScript. Please go to GarageSaleā€™s Help menu and choose ā€œShow AppleScript Examplesā€. Take a look at the ā€œChange Starting Bid by Factorā€ and ā€œChange BIN Priceā€ scripts.

These scripts should provide enough guidance to create a script tailored to your own needs. Hope this helps.

I found interesting solutions, but actually I have no idea how to use themā€¦ is there a guide somewhere?

I guess you need to learn at least the basics of AppleScript. Try googling for a tutorial:

https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+script+tutorial

Ah I see, so it is not just a copy and paste somewhere feature :disappointed_relieved: I think it will require some time to learn, especially thanks to my deep knowledge of the matterā€¦ I have recently discovered this GSā€™s side I did not know before and it seems I can do lots of interesting thingsā€¦

Thank you for your help, I will give a try

I bough a mac because I did NOT want to learn programmingā€¦

but I will by any ebay listing program that offers this feature as it is starting to bug meā€¦
Sandy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.