Can i save templates to an external storage?

Howdy,

I was wondering if I can automatically save my templates and files to an external hard-drive.

In other words - leave the installation directory where it is on my MAC, but have it read my templates and save them to an external drive.

Reason: I have two MAC Books - Late 2016 256GB HD & Air 2011 with 128GB

I’d like to get rid of my 2011 but am running out of space on both. I have a 1tb external that I’ve formated to MAC OS Journaled.

Advice?

Hi mook,

sorry, I fear this won’t work.
The GarageSale database needs to be located in your home library on your internal hard drive.

Regards, Kristian

Ok - so if i archive them locally - is there any way to search the archives without un-archiving them?

Is the same true for other items?

For example, if I wanted to save the last three years of SOLD items in a folder and move it to my desktop?

Sorry, not at this point. We’d need to implement custom Spotlight and QuickLook importers for GarageSale’s listing file format.

But why would you want to export your listings, when they are easily searchable in GarageSale?

Space …

How much disk space does your GarageSale.leveldb directory take up? You can get to that folder by choosing “Show Library Folder” from GarageSale’s help menu.

Macbook is at home. I will have to check later this week

looks like there is (3) of these types of files. I have:

• GarageSale_prior7.0.10.leveldb 66 kb

• GarageSale-FTSIndex_prior7.0.10.leveldb 16kb

• GarageSale-FTSIndex.leveldb 27.4 MB

• GarageSale.leveldb 206 MB

@ilja so those file extensions you had me look up.

How come when I export all my listings into one file it’s 19GB.

How can I reduce that size?

What I’m after is trying to get rid of one of my machines.

That’s probably your listing images. Have you checked the size of the ImageLibrary folder? Is it several GB as well?

@ilja see my previous comment a couple comments back on that file size you requested. If I can just transfer that file, how do I merge it onto another machine with an existing build?

Sorry, but I can’t find where you list the size of the ImageLibrary folder. I can only see that your GarageSale.leveldb directory, which holds all your data except images is 206 MB.

You could just transfer to entire Library Folder from one Mac to another Mac, but you cannot merge two existing libraries or keep them in sync afterwards. That’s a feature with are working on at the moment.

@ilja is there anyway to delete all the photos from my library to save some space? I don’t care about the photos - I just want to save the templates.

@ilja is there anyway to delete all the photos from my library to save some space? I don’t care about the photos - I just want to save the templates.

@ ilja is there anyway to delete all the photos from my library to save some space? I don’t care about the photos - I just want to save the templates.

I can’t answer this question but if you have a backup you could simply try it out on your own risk:

Open GaragSale
Choose “Help” Menu > “Open Library Folder”
Quit GarageSale
Rename the folder “ImageLibrary” from the window opened in step 2 to something like “ImageLibrary-Original”
Start GarageSale

If it starts up fine and is still able to open your existing listing you could remove the “ImageLibrary-Original” folder.
Again, you do this on your own risk.
Make sure that you have a backup.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.