Cannot change "condition description" in bulk

Hi,
when I select a large number of listings (all have the same “condition description”), I cannot change it in bulk. After selecting listings, when I try to click on the “condition description”, pop-up seems to be clickable but it doesn’t open. Please can anyone check if this is a bug only for me?

Thank you
Federico

As far as I can tell right now you can only bulk-edit conditionDescription if the selected listings all use the same category and condition. That’s probably because not all categories/conditions support condition description.

However, you can still bulk-edit the condition description by
a) using the “Copy/Paste Listing Components” feature
or
b) by using the script that you enter in GarageSale’s Script Editor:

function run(){
for (const listing of selectedListings) {
listing.conditionDescription = 'Enter your condition description here';
}
}

Hi Kristian,
thank you for your help.
I am totally sure it worked in the past. I just tried on a newer Mac and it still works. It seems that there must be something wrong with 9.8.b2 and macOS 12.3.1 . On macOS 14.2.1 the same beta version works!

It worked also with different categories, but listings must have been for the same ebay site (for example, it didn’t work if there was just one listing for ebay.com within ebay.it ones)

It is because you have multiple conditions in the group you have selected. A better solution would be for GS to mark it as ‘multiple’ as it does with other attributes and allow changes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.