Can't change Duration of auction

For some reason I can’t change the duration of my auction.
I’m not sure where to look for the error and how to fix it.
Thank you,
Kim

Hi Kim,

the duration for an auction (with a Starting Bid) should still editable but
if you’re referring to a fixed-price-item (Buy It Now price only) please note that eBay no longer offer other duration options than “Good 'Til Cancelled”.

eBay says: “Fixed price listings are set to Good 'Til Cancelled duration by default. This means your item will be relisted on eBay every month until it sells, or you end it.”
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now?id=4109#section1

Hope this helps,
Kristian

Thank you for the quick reply Kristian. And for the link. I’ll adjust the auction accordingly.
Best wishes from Prague,
Kim

Actually, we ran into this a while back when we had 5-Day Auctions that we mistakenly forget to change to 7-Day Auctions before relisting them. While it was possible to change the length of the auctions in GS7, they did not change on eBay’s end.

While you can edit duration and listing typology in GS, you can’t do that from GS to eBay. I mean, you can change listings form GTC to auction (or the contrary) within GS, but revise them WON’T change the listing online in eBay. If you want to change from GTC to auction, from auction to GTC or from 5 days auction to 7 days, you have first to end them in GS and then restart after the modify has been done.
Hope this makes sense…

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.