Cant get rid of error - item cannot be listed or modified

hi there

I wonder if there Is anyone out there who knows how to get rid of the error

The item cannot be listed or modified

The title or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.

I just called eBay up and they say the account is perfectly fine and blame the software - The last response I got from support was to remove the business profile from the listing and see if that helps - how does one do that? I have checked the help guides to make sure the words are all ok - tried endlessly to change the words - but the listing won’t work - garagesale verifies everything just fine - eBay just rejects the auction all I am trying to sell is a simple trackpad !

Hi,

this is a very strange error from eBay. The easiest way to track it down is to try to list the item through their website. Most of the time there is a much better error explanation as through the API we have to use.

Thanks,
Paul

@cheekyb I had a similar trouble while I was trying to sell with business profiles on ebay.com . At the end I discovered that the violation was about payment profile which included not acceptable payment (although I still do not understand why it was not acceptable…)

ok Fix this problem - i tried to do a posting manually on eBay and it seemed that there was no credit card payment/paypal info n my seller’s account which was a bit strange since I have been paying eBay fees regularly with over 800 transactions - so tried it after this and the upload works just fine -

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.