Changes to Shipping Dimensions and Services Keep Reverting Back

When we make changes in the shipping window, in either of the 2 shipping windows, when we close the window or click outside the window, the changes are not saved. It sometimes takes multiple tries to get the changes to stay changed. We are using GS 8.0.7 PRO…

I have had this same issue.

1 Like

Does this happen sporadically or is there a way to reproduce this issue?

Regards, Kristian

It happens almost every time I try to adjust an ad. I can easily reproduce it.

Thank you,
Rick Smith

Could you let me know what exactly your steps are?
Also, could you export one of the listings, zip it and send it to me (or to the GarageSale support)?

Regards, Kristian

Ah short screen video (e.g. QuickTime Player > New Screen Recording) what also be super helpful in tracking this down.

Done! I just sent you the dropbox links via email support, also just so you know, it is all listings on both of our computers, not just the one listing I sent you. But it is the same one from the screen recording, to help narrow down the problem. Thank you!

I saw the video, but couldn’t reproduce the issue. If you make other changes to the shipping settings, such as adding a new shipping service, do these changes at least stick?

This sounds like a similar issue to what the Attributes window had not too long ago…

Neal

1 Like

Often We change more settings than I showed in the video, even if I add or remove global shipping options, adding or removing a shipping service, it still does not stick. These are almost all duplicated listings, we rarely create new listings, it is much faster for us to duplicate and edit. Not sure if that matters.

Thank you,
Rick Smith

Could you please try to create a new listing from scratch just for testing purposes, and check if for that listing changes to the shipping settings also don’t stick.

This would help us in narrowing down where to search for the error, until we find a way to reproduce it.

I have tried and was unable to get it to have the error with a new listing…

If you change the settings in one of the listings, for which the changes didn’t save, but you are “tear off” the shipping panel before make the change, do you changes stick?

“Tear Off” means dragging the shipping panel by clicking in the table area, so it becomes a regular window with close buttons, etc.

I tried to use the Tear Off, hoping it would work better already with no improvement… Also tried turning off Dark Mode and it didn’t help either. Keep in mind it is sporadic, and generally works pretty good, then it will stop working and only after a few tries does it take. Also sometimes after it doesn’t take and we reopen the shipping window, the window shakes, as if it is some error in opening, but that isn’t very often. Also we are using the sync, and then duplicating listings… may it have something to do with that?

I have also RARELY but OCCASIONALLY (maybe 1 or 2 times a month???) seen the shaking window open instead of the popup window…

Neal

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.