Combined Shipping Troubles

Hello all, new to the forum. I’m sorry if this has been discussed already, but I couldn’t find this topic in the search function.

I’ve had GarageSale for a while now, maybe 3 or 4 years I think and I have finally reached a point where I can’t stand the problem I am dealing with anymore. So, I have decided to reach out to this forum for an answer.

I sell items that are generally $1.50 to $7 a piece and I like to combine shipping for all orders no matter how many for $3.25 total. The problem is, after I am done starting the auction, I have to go though every auction and edit every one, while live. I used to have to do it one at a time, but I now do it in the bulk editor, but I still have to do it one at a time, just fewer windows to go through to complete the edit. Nevertheless, it still takes a lot of time because I usually put up 100 auctions or more at a time and I usually have sales before I am done editing. Thus, I have to go back and refund or explain why my combined shipping doesn’t work because they have bought my product before I had time to edit the auction. It is extremely time consuming and demoralizing.

Am I missing the option for the “Apply my flat shipping rule with profile name:” on Garage Sale? It seems like in order for the combined shipping discount to work, that empty box before the word Apply my flat…needs checked or “X’d”. My entire sanity hinges on that stupid box being marked and it’s not even available or an option in Garage Sale. I was hoping when I upgraded GarageSale to the latest update recently, it would of been changed or added. So, what’s the deal and why does it seem like I am the only one having this problem, lol.

I included two screenshots of what I have to edit on each auction from eBay, before and after the all important “X”. The other shot is what all my auctions are set at, notice, no option is visible for the “Apply my flat shipping rule with profile name:” or it’s box.

Pretty frustrated and at my wit’s end, can anyone help?

Well, I could only include one image, so here is how my templates are set.

If your eBay account offers combined shipping discounts, a combined shipping rule should be selectable from the “Combined shipping discount” popup in GarageSale. It should look like this:

Since that popup is greyed out, GarageSale doesn’t seem to know that you have created such a combined shipping discount rule.

In case you haven’t tried yet, please go to GarageSale > Preferences > Accounts > Discount Profiles and click the “Update Now” button.

Does this help?

Thanks ilia for the response, but it doesn’t seem to work. Well, the box goes unchecked anyway after I start the auction. Does it even need to be now? Why does your example have the “Flat” and “Calculated” greyed out, no matter what I choose, one or the other remain (see screenshot). I also included another screenshot of a prompt I get after every item is loaded. I am given the choice to press “Start anyway” or “OK”, which ends the auction start. Start anyway gets the auctions started, but unfortunately, with a 100 + auctions, I get the “enjoyment” of pressing that 100 + times. Does this have something to do with the problem I am having, I have no idea what it means. I only have one Ebay account, so I don’t know what it’s talking about.

You also have no “additional items” and “Overseas Surcharge” boxes like mine does, why is that?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is really discouraging and making me dread using this program and EBay, which sucks because this is how I make my living. Please help if you can, thanks.

Yes, the box needs to enabled (instead of disabled as shown on your screenshot) and checked, also the popup next to it should list the available shipping profiles.

My screenshot was taken with another eBay site active, which does not offer calculated shipping.

It looks that your listing already has shipping profile assigned, but GarageSale doesn’t know which account it belongs to. Maybe this is from an account no longer present in GarageSale?

How many eBay accounts show up in GarageSale > Preferences > Accounts?

Can you please post a screenshot with the “Discount Profiles” tab selected?

Additional items is only available if your have the Quantity checkbox in the Inspector window enabled. Overseas surcharge is only available on the eBay US website.