Condition for spoerts and non-sports cards

If I select 124 items that are set to ungraded and then select the ‘+’ to bring up the ‘Condition Type’ it takes over one one minute to appear.

After I have selected the ‘Condition Type’ GS takes even longer to apply it to the 124 listings.

During both of these operations GS is unusable with the good old spinning beachball.

Nothing appears in the Activity Viewer.

David

Can you please follow these instructions to gather more diagnostic data?:

1. Launch GarageSale if you don’t have it already running

2. Open the “Activity Monitor” application (you find it in the Finder in the “Applications” > “Utilities” folder)

3. Select GarageSale from the list of running applications in Activity Monitor

4. Now do something you are pretty sure that will cause the beachball/hang to come up for several seconds.

5. Then quickly switch back to Activity Monitor and from the “View” menu select “Sample Process” (Activity Monitor will probably ask you for an admin password at this point)

6. Wait while the sample is taken

7. Save the sample output into a text file and post it here.

Ok. Will do tomorrow.

For sports card singles, the ‘Revise Listing’ feature does not change the Condition Description when it is a selected property to change.

hello. long time user of GS to list sports cards. I have been using the “Used” designation since the ebay change and then just updating the condition details on ebay after the listing is live. But now GS is not allowing to me to list ANYTHING unless i select a condition and a condition detail. My issue is that I cannot find any field that allows me to select a condition detail. Ive updated to the 9.5a2 beta and still am not seeing it. Just the same “condition description” field which only allows for a text description. Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong? I have a few thousand listings prepped and ready to go live but am not able to proceed due to this issue. Thank you
Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 8.19.13 PM

If you have ‘multiple’ in the condition box, the condition type does not work. It only works when all the items have condition ‘ungraded’.
Does this help?
I am back home later today and I will run some tests as requested by Kristen.

Maybe it already helps to manually update the eBay category data. Please see my post here:

Thank you. I was wrong on my post. I was using the alpha update and not the beta. It works on the beta. Thank you very much for the response and for updating the software. It’s very much appreciated

Suggest you change the ‘Condition’ to ‘Ungraded’, then you can specify one of four condition descriptions and the listing(s) will go through.
Warren

two files. sample on 59 ‘prepared for listing’ items
GarageSale applying the condtion type.txt (1.9 MB)
GarageSale waiting fro condition type.txt (1.1 MB)

Hi Kristian. I think the problem my ave been one of my backup drives causing the issue. I ejected them all and I no longer see that magnitude of lag.

I’m also not able to do successful listing for the Graded Sportscards category.

I have installed GarageSale 9.5a2, Updated the categories and refreshed tokens.

I did a sample of 15 listings with the new Condition Type.

All of my cards were Graded by Sportscard Guarantee Corp and are noted in the new Condition Type tab with their grade.

14 of the 15 listings had numeric grades, while 1 was Authentic.

After trying to list them, the only one that would post was the one that was Authentic (the Dots Miller)

All the ones with numeric grades received the message “the item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.”

I’ve included 3 screenshots of a sample of the failed listings (Fred Markle) and one of the Authentic (Dots Miller) one that listed.

Any ideas?

Can you export the Fred Merkle listings, compress (zip) it and post it here so we can have a closer look at it?

1909 PIEDMONT T206 FRED MERKLE PORTRAIT SGC 3 4977113 .csv.zip (1.3 KB)

Could you please try again and use the “Export listing” command, not the “Export listing as CSV” command.

Also, have you tried to remove an grader information from your listings title as indicated by the error message?

In the Attributes, I’ve eliminated the “Professional Grader” and “Grade.” It only is selected in the “Condition Type” drop down which is independent from the Attributes. Here’s the Listing…

1909 PIEDMONT T206 FRED MERKLE PORTRAIT SGC 3 4977113 2.gslisting.zip (2.8 MB)

You currently have “Graded = No” selected in the item specifics. Does the error go away if you change this to “Yes” as suggested in the error message?

Also, you maybe need to remove “SGC 3” from the listing title (see error message).

Your first suggestion was a good one. It was originally set to graded but as I kept trying different workarounds, I must have changed it back.
Thanks for the assistance!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.