Custom Template location

I’ve clean installed my mac and missed to save my templates I created.
I have a time machine backup and I’m wondering if I can find the templates in the system files? (I used GS 8).

Thank you!

GarageSale keeps your database in your User Library* under
Macintosh HD/Users/yourUserName/Library/Containers

Under macOS 11 Big Sur and higher the database directory is called GarageSale
Under macOS 10.15 Catalina and earlier it is called com.iwascoding.garagesale8

*Please note: The User Library is hidden by default. To access it click the Finder’s “Go” menu and press the option (alt) and shift key to make the User Library show up in the menu. Selecting it will open it in the Finder.

Locating the User Library on a Time Machine backup can be a bit tough so.

Once you have located and transferred the database to your Mac, please see FAQ #29 how to let GarageSale 9 re-import it:

(scroll down a bit there)

Regards, Kristian

Thank you. Found it.
But I cannot find the templates.
Are they saved completely for export? Or do I need to downgrade from GS 9 to 8 and then replace the data folder of GS so I can see and export my templates.
Thank you Kristian

With “templates” you are referring to your listings, right? You are not referring to custom design templates?

yes. The listings I custom made. With pictures on my servers.

OK. So, you can’t “pick” the listings from the transferred database. They don’t exist as single files. Instead you have located and transferred the database to your Mac as I mentioned in my previous answer. Please see FAQ #29 how to let GarageSale 9 re-import it:

When I try to add “-old” to the library folder “GarageSale” it keeps disappearing and renaming itself to “GarageSale” again.

Hmm, move your current database to the Desktop then.

Moved it out. Restarted GS but I don’t have a welcome screen. When I restart GS i get the Licence Agreement and then the Welcome to GarageSale window without the import option. I can just choose Ebay Site, Country and ZIP.

If GarageSale didn’t start with the Welcome Screen there probably was no previous GarageSale database at the expected location.

Did you transfer the whole GarageSale 8 database folder from your backup to the given location on your current system?
If so, what is the name of that database shown in the Finder? (The system might have renamed it to just “GarageSale”.)
Also, if you right-click on that database folder and select “Information” what size is displayed there?

Regards, Kristian

Got it! You were right with the part that i forgot to replace the file with the one from GS 8. Data is imported now :+1:.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.