Do I have to leave my computer on during the auctions?

In the Inspector window, it says you have to leave the computer on for GS to upload the auctions to eBay (obviously).
But I just want to make sure that once the auctions are loaded, I can turn off my computer without screwing anything up and can still monitor and edit auctions if necessary.

I searched the manual, FAQ and this forum but found no answer. THANK YOU for any answers.

Hi bruhed,

you only have to keep your Mac running if you’re about to schedule-start listings with the GarageSale scheduler.
Please see the help here:
http://wiki.iwascoding.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Scheduling_Auctions#GarageSale.27s_built-in_Auction_Scheduler

Regards, Kristian

Hi, Kristian–

Thanks for the quick and courteous reply.

Yep, that’s what I was talking about in my initial query. But it doesn’t mention anything about “after” the auctions have started running. Can I turn it off *after *the schedule has begun and all have started running on eBay? I’m going out of town and have to shut down after the start date.

Hi,

of course you can turn your Mac off if no listings are about to start.

Regards, Kristian

Thanks, Kristian. But it’s not mentioned in the manual and it’s hardly “obvious” because some programs will log one out when the connection is lost, which is why I was asking. I’d rather ask and be sure than not ask and find out the “obvious” wasn’t true, LOL!

Thanks again.

Hello again–I scheduled auctions last night to run this morning, and clicked “enable event.” They did not run. I noticed I had my hard drive set to go to sleep after a few hours. The computer was on and GS was open. Does the HD have to also be “awake” for GS to upload?

Thanks again,
MIke