Ebay attributes glitch, should I edit in ebay or GS?

I have been riding out the storm and trying to see if ebay is able to fix their attributes glitch before I start editing all of my listings. Now I am wondering is it better to edit my attributes through GS and revise my listings or should I edit directly through ebay, delete my original listings in GS and then import the newly edited listings from ebay? It seems when I try to edit through GS, a lot of the old attributes are still in place causing me to delete them and then add the new ones. Not even sure if it makes any difference, just want to make sure I do this the most seamless way possible.

I am not sure to what attributes glitch you’re referring to but did you already update the eBay category data in GarageSale manually? The item attributes are part of this data, that’s why I am asking.

To update the category data, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,
I have updated my category data in GS per your instructions via one listing, but it seems the old attributes are still there, I don’t know if that is because I haven’t revised the listing yet or not.

Huge attributes glitch going on with ebay, especially in clothing and shoes. At this point we are having to manually edit our listings as the are not showing up in search if buyers are sorting by size.

Any thoughts on the best way to handle this?

Could you show me screenshots of the attributes offered in GarageSale and on the ebay website for the same category?

What eBay site are you referring to?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

I am sending two screenshots for a pair of shoes I have listed. The first screenshot is what is showing in my GS active listing. The second screenshot is the new ebay attributes. When I delete something in attributes from my GS listing and then click on attributes again, some of the choices from ebay are different.

As you can see in screenshot 1, the following attributes are now replaced by screenshot 2 options. Once I delete an attribute in the GS listing it may no longer be an option or it is now called something different by ebay. Please see examples below…

There is a heel type in screenshot 1,but once I delete it there is no longer a heel type option in screenshot 2

Material in screen shot 1 is now Upper material

US Shoe Size Women’s is now Size

Modified item is no longer an option

EUR Shoe Size is No longer an option

Toe Type has been replaced by Toe Shape

It looks like the new ebay attributes are showing up, but my concern is that I will need to go through each listing delete all of the attributes and start over with the new attributes. Yes some of the attributes will remain the same, but it would take forever to go through each one and determine that.

Any thoughts.

Thank You for your help with this matter

Shelly Ross

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

GS Original Listing Before Ebay Attribute Roll Out

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.27.24 PM.png

ebay new attributes showing up in GS

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.25.01 PM.png

Kristian sorry, I forgot to tell you I am on ebay USA .

Shelly Ross

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Thank you for posting the screenshots.
I think, for now you could stay with your current item atttributes and just add the “required by eBay” ones. Required attributes are the ones marked with the red “!” sign.

Deleting the orihinal listing in GarageSale, making the attribute changes on eBay and then importing these listing using the “Import from eBay” command is not a good idea.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

What about revising in Ebay then synchronising with the database?

Thank you Kristian, I am not sure what the last poster ( [margoritka88)is asking, but is there a way to edit on ebay and sync with GS without deleting the GS listings? Either way looks like I will be working on listings for a while.

Yes, but only in GarageSale 8. There’s a new command called “Apply current changes from eBay” that updates the selected listings with what’s currently live on eBay.

Thank you ilja, unfortunately I am still on GS 7.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.