Ebay Categories not showing when listing

Unable to create new listings using GS (latest version has been downloaded), e.g. I want to list a coffee mug, I select ‘Home & Garden’ category & NO sub categories show up, so it’s impossible to list the item without selecting a category. I even downloaded the latest version of GS today in the hopes that it would be fixed, but still can’t find the sub categories. Some categories show the sub cats, but more than half are blank (have no sub cats). I guess I’ll go back to listing via ebay, not happy

Hi Dee,

It seems that your eBay category data is out-dated and needs to be updated.

Please give this a try (I am referring to GarageSale 7):

1. Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts. Click on “Refresh Token” to refresh your eBay access token.
  2. If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Regards, Kristian

Thanks, that worked. I wasn’t aware the update for the categories was separate, I thought if I clicked on the ‘update’ link for G/Sale that would update everything, but now I know, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.