Ebay Hiding Email Addresses

Last year, Ebay changed customer order details to hide the actual address of the customer.

I have just inadvertently found a way around this.

I accident archived an order and when i went to move it back to my Sold Orders list I noticed that the buyer email was there in full.

Just thought this might help people.

Where do you find this Managed archived orders?

You have to send an order to Archived.

It must be only in your country. Ebay US has it scrubbed from the page. I thought this was in GS program itself.

Sshhh. Don’t tell anyone.

Regards David

| rlmartin
July 26 |

• | - |

It must be only in your country. Ebay US has it scrubbed from the page. I thought this was in GS program itself.

@davidelliott you rock! It works :open_mouth:

Works with a U.S. ebay store.
Thanks!
VinnyH

Excellent. I’m using the Aussie site.

Regards David

| VinnyH
July 30 |

• | - |

Works with a U.S. ebay store.
Thanks!
VinnyH

I looked around but haven’t found an easy way to export those archived items to a csv file. I am hoping to find a way to bulk edit out the email addresses but it’s not promising. (you can cut and paste each but it’s tedious with thousands of sales)
Best to All,
Vinny
PS: I miss being able to do that in GS before ebay squashed that

Well, apparently someone on the “inside” must monitor this thread, because it appears as if the archiving mechanism has been turned off. I managed to make your suggesting work exactly once just for jollies, and almost immediately after one successful round, anything I designated for archives has disappeared for good. Fortunately, I don’t have to depend on their database for my record keeping!

That is really weird. Mine are still visible on .com.au

Yeah, I know. It really was weird. One minute, I could archive, go there and see what I had sent there, send it back if so desired. The next minute, it was as if the whole thing was turned off. At this point, it pretty much goes without saying that I won’t be sending anything I don’t have saved elsewhere to the archive, where it will simply disappear forever. I don’t know if something is broken or if they are just in the process of turning it off and I happened to be playing in the sand box when they pulled that plug! Fortunately, GS has lots of capabilities in generating reports, and I only pick up the various reports available from eBay to make sure they are not overcharging me unexpectedly.

I doesn’t surprise me that they are turning off some capabilities. They are making changes all over the place almost on a daily basis. Enough to make my brain hurt!

Yes. Looks like it depends which site you are on.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.