Nothing seems to make a difference. This is happening on two different systems (on different networks) that worked 2-3 weeks ago.
So, are you stating that when you access P-F Item information that the description is displayed in the GS window (unlike my uploaded image that displays the eBay error URL)? I need to see and verify that the product description is the correct one (because sometimes I have to search by title when the UPC code is missing) and have to select the correct item from multiple search results. I need to see that information instead of that eBay error screen.
Also, I like to copy the information from that window and paste it into the GS description field. Since I cannot see the information that renders GS non-working for me.
Also, I tried a temporary transition to GS 7 and while it accesses the eBay product catalog, it is not filling in the listing template title field or displaying any of the P-F information.
- This used to work on two different computers on two distinct networks.
- Nothing changed on either computer (no updates, etc.).
- Since then, I have updated my eBay token, updated eBay catalogs, updated my Mac OS X from 10.12.x to the current 1012.5 and updated the Safari browser to 10.1.1.
- I have signed in to my eBay account prior to running GS 6.9.8 and GS 7.
- I have cleared all Safari preferences (not that this error message is related to Safari. After all, GS is the program that is opening up a mini browser window inside GS).
Nothing I have tried is working. FYI, I have been a Mac user for over 20 years and a GS user since version 3, and consider myself a good “techie”. So, is this a permissions problem, a GS preferences problem, or a problem with eBay’s pre-filled product catalog? Oh, the catalog does work fine within my Safari browser if I use eBay’s create new item form. Everything displays as it should.