Error message loading "The Item cannot be listed or modified"

Hi, I feel incoherent, because I have been working on this for hours, and trying to get help from eBay re listings some items via GarageSale. I have used this software for years, but have not used it in over a year. I upgraded to 8Pro when I retired, hoping to spend a lot more time listing so hopefully worth the investment. Today I tried to list 6 items and kept getting the same error message. See below…

The item cannot be listed or modified.

The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy… essentially they think I have a phone number or email address in the title or listing - which I do not.

I spoke with someone from eBay who suggested I remove all forward slashes from the description, but I need these to describe dimensions for example 1/16".

Any suggestions? Cheers, Ann-Marie

Does the listing verify or is it only when you send to EBAY? If I have problems like that, I change the title to one word from the title, like CLOCK, then add words back in until it fails, and then I know what made it fail. Also, does removing the slashes work?

eBay can be weird. The title ‘Stick insect’ fails for me.

That is odd about the SLASH.

If you are in Managed Payments, you cannot list or edit items in Adult Only categories, coins, and some others. I got this message when I tried to change the price on an Adult item only item some weeks ago, and also on some exonumia (non-monetary coins).

We created a special help page for this famous eBay error “240”:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Miscellaneous-Troubleshooting_eBay_Error_240.html
Maybe it helps.

Regards, Kristian

95% of my listing titles have a front slash for measurements in them. I am confident your issue is something else.

1 Like

You might want to add a link to this relatively new policy, as well:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/managed-payments-restricted-items-policy?id=5009

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.