Error when trying to revise a listing: eBay server reported: Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again

I’m dead in the water too - Just curious, what version of O/S X are you using and are the templates you are trying to revise the built-in templates or is it a pro template?

The other problem with listing as new is that you lose all the watchers for your item(s) when you list as a new auction.

I do not have any problems doing a Revise here in the USA. What countries are you guys in???

I routinely do a Stop on BIN listings after 29 days and then do a Relist and I believe all the Watchers get notified that a Watched item has been relisted.

I am not getting any errors relisting nor revising here on eBay US.

When I have rarely (1 or 2 a month in the past) seen that error, I simply try again and it works fine.

I’m pretty sure there are many “race conditions” in various places on eBay servers…

Neal

I am here in the US. No problems with new listings. Just revising running listings. About 1/2 of the items. One will revise fine and another will fail and generate the error.

Thank you for sending us the logs. We created a case at eBay developer support and are waiting for a reaction.

Regards, Kristian

There’s no need/way to activate it by your own. (You need a special identifier ID from us.)
However, there’s currently no need for additional logs but will let you know, if we should need more logs. Thank you for helping us though.

Regards, Kristian

Just wondering if this might have anything to do with eBay’s picture service.
Did you already had the chance to try it with GarageSale’s image service? You can select it in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > eBay Images.

Regards, Kristian

I could try that. However, I am reluctant to try it as it is a universal change and if I stick with it, I will have to pay GTC fee to GS. Is that right? If I were to change to the GS server, will it upload the images to GS automatically on a revision, or do I need to remove the images from the listing and then add them to the GS server.
It does not seem like the eBay server should be the issue as it is not a problem for all of the listings that are on the eBay server.

I always use eBay Picture Service. I have never used GarageSale’s image service…

I rarely revise photos.

ALL my photos are 2048 x 1536. ALL are .JPG and reduced to <1MB in size.

MAYBE… LARGE photos???

OH, I think the eBay servers have plenty of intermittent issues… :slight_smile:

Neal

OK update on my end. I tried revising some listings this morning and all of a sudden things were working and I was not getting the error message. After about 6 successful revises things went south again. I backtracked to try and figure out why some of my listings were revising without issue and others were not. I soon realized the listings that were getting an error message were some of my old listings that had images in the actual body of the listing. Trying to fix this has proved a bit complicated as it is not as simple as just clicking “No Images” in the Designs tab. Once you do that it creates a second auction window within the first, at least for me it does. I then collapsed the toggle inspector in order to click next to one of the windows on the right and delete. Unfortunately, my images were wiped out of the remaining window, not sure if I removed the wrong window or this would happen no matter what. I know there is a way to pull my images from my ebay listing and reinsert them, but I can’t remember how I have done in the past. If anyone knows please let me know. As suggested this may also have something to do with the size of the images as the ones embedded in my listings were quite large. Also of note, I am running Mojave 10.14.6, GS v. 7.0.20, I was using the GS picture service, but when the new version of GS came out, that was no longer an option. and the GS design I am using successfully is as follows…ebay grey, no images, clean style. Hope this helps.

Just curious are you using the built-in templates or purchased “pro” templates?

I keep a folder on my desktop with sub-folders of images from all my listings. It’s quite large at this point but there have been times where I had to recreate an auction and it was nice to just have the photos there.

I tried removing all of my photos from a couple problematic listings and then pulled over the images from my archive to recreate the listing and then tried to revise again. No luck

Using built in templates. Do you have images in the body of your listing?

Yes I am doing the same with my images and keeping them in Dropbox, but the images I lost were when I had the GS picture service, which is now sadly gone.

The template I use does insert the images into the body of the listing. I can try disabling that and see if it makes a difference.

I tried with NO IMAGES in the body and a couple other image variations but still failed. :frowning:

I’m in the USA as well. Actually with Ebay’s new listing numbers I could limp along with stopping and relisting items when I have to make changes, but that would only be a bandaid.

Relisting seems to be fine, but revising seems to be where the problem is and I get the error whether I change a word in the description, or a photo, or shipping info or any other number of changes.

Yes, I believe you are right about the emails to buyers stating that the item has been relisted. I had forgotten since for a long time I was starting auctions as new instead of relisting as I should have been doing.

Did your template insert another identical template within your template when you chose no images?

No, it just dynamically updated the template I had on the screen but without the images. Then when I picked different image choices, the template on the screen dynamically updated accordingly.

I use the built-in “Empty” Design template with No Images, so my listings are “mobile-friendly”.

I do not embed pictures in the item listing description.
I do not use flash nor Javascript.

Very simple.

Neal