Error when trying to revise a listing: eBay server reported: Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again

Ron, No, I have not tried using profiles. I have not had a need for them. I do get them if I import a listing that I created in eBay. I usually remove them, make manual changes and revise them afterwards.
I too would like to have the ability to sync on more than one Mac so that someone else can work on the computer that I am not on. However, without that ability to use one DB or to sync to one DB, it is not worth it to me. I may just have to use eBay’s lister and bulk editor that allows me to edit up to 500 listings at a time. It may work out for me as I have gotten somewhat complicated with my listings and it would be a good excuse to simplify things and make my work easier as well as spreading the work to my helpers. However, I will have to edit the description field one at a time and that is a pain. I may be able to automate it, but I would have check that out.

I started messing with profiles but it looked to be a nightmare to setup and I’d have to touch every one of my 800+ listings so I just abandoned it in hopes that Kristian will get this issue resolved. I’ve started using SKUs and I am starting to indicate in each listing on what shelf or bin an item is so I can retrieve it when it sells.

Syncing involves uploading to a sync server and I have yet to get it working consistently, so for now if I’m working from my computer away from home, I will export the listings into dropbox and then just import them into my main Garage Sale installation at my home office - It’s not ideal but it works consistently.

I would like to involve my wife more in listing but without a reliable syncing functionality I am kind of hampered at the moment.

Can anyone tell me what the update all listings does? I am having to change my handling time on almost 200 auctions and with the revision not working it is a huge pain to select the auctions, make the handling time change, stop the auctions, relist and then delete the originals Not even sure if the update listings will work.

Kristian, Is there any update from Ebay on this revising problem?

Hi. I believe that you are asking about the Update All Listings under the Listings dropdown. That simply updates the status of the listings in GS to reflect the status in eBay. That will not revise your listings. You need to use the Revise option in order to make the changes to running listings on eBay.

Yes, if you can get ‘revise’ to work. - Are you still having issues, Cal?

Hi Muddyshoes. I have been able to revise listings for the last couple of days without a problem. Yay! I have revised a few hundred listings. I don’t know why it is working again, but I will take it. Looks like eBay fixed whatever was giving me fits. How about you, are you still having the problems with revising?

Wow - It looks like it’s working now - Thanks for the heads-up. Whew… Now if it just keeps working everyone will be happy!!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.