Error when using GTC for BIN listing?

I’m trying to upload a “Buy it Now” listing, but it keeps throwing up this warning/problem in the GarageSale Preflight:

Duration Invalid.
The duration “GTC” day(s) is not available for this listing type, or invalid for category “14256”

As far as I’m aware you can ONLY use GTC on a BIN listing? Am I missing something? Anyone know how to fix this?

Please help, listing on Ebay UK.

Are you using GarageSale 7 or GarageSale 8?

It might be that your eBay category data is out-dated and needs to be updated.

Please give this a try:

1. Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts. Click on “Refresh Token” to refresh your eBay access token.
  2. If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

Thanks Kristian,

It’s GS8 (also tried the newest beta).

I have tried all of the processes you mentioned and the problem still persists.

The listing is for a Campervan and I have noticed that when you highlight ANY of the Vehicle categories, ‘Buy It Now’ is not in the supported options in GS. But, when I made the listing via the eBay website selling section BIN was allowed; it also allows BIN with Best Offer option, which GS does not ?!?

Confused.

I can reproduce that eBay error here and I am confused, too.
Could it be that you can’t select the GTC duration on the eBay website and have to select another duration option there in order to use GTC?

Maybe the Cars/Vehicles category doesn’t support the GTC option at all?

Regards, Kristian

As I mentioned, in the end I did use the eBay website to create the listing (in Cars/Vehicles) and when you make it a BIN on the site eBay automatically makes it GTC (it’s their rules: all BIN’s are set to GTC). I was also able add ‘Best Offer’ option, and change it to a 7-day listing.

All of which throws up errors in the GS Preflight.

I also ‘Imported’ the live listing from ‘My eBay’ (under File menu) into GS, which then still reports it as with errors… even tho’ the eBay site is fine with it!

Regards, Mike

I just checked it on the eBay.co.uk website:
As I assumed, you can’t list a fixed-price item using the GTC duration option in the “Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles” category.
That’s why I was asking whether you’re sure you could do that.
Please see my screenshot below. In that specific category you can only select 3, 5, 7 or 10 days - but no GTC.

fixed price
That’s currently not possible to do in GarageSale because it will always switch the duration to GTC if you create a fixed-price item.

I put this on our to-do list and we’ll see what we can do.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.