Extra data in some Item Specifics after import

I believe this is related to the change that allows multiple values separated by the “|” character. I just got around to testing this.

If I have a template and there is data in an attribute already in some cases I get “yes, no” entered after import. Example would be using the “Vintage” attribute for books. If I preset this to “Yes” in the selected template but then assign “No” in the import sheet then I get “Yes, No” assigned to the attribute. Where it should override the template value and just be “No”.

Also if I create a custom item specific and leave it blank in the template and blank in the spreadsheet, then a comma character is added to the attribute where is should just be left blank.

Sorry if this is not clear, I can try to explain it better if needed when I have more time.

Just to be more clear…

If the template has a value for an attribute and the imported attribute does not (or the imported attribute is NULL) then keep the template value.

If the template has a value for an attribute and the imported attribute does as well then you should keep the imported value and discard the value from the template.

This is how it always worked previously.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This version should fix the problem. If you use the “Update listings with the same SKU” option, GarageSale deletes all values for the attributes specified in your CSV file, before copying the attribute values from the CSV.

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_9.2b12.dmg

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.