Garage sale hops around on bottom and not open

Hello i have the same problem … today in buy a new licence again and nothing is working… it shows me all the time demo version !!! But i paid … an i need my data too

I send a mail to your account: between the serialnumber an the loginname and nothig happends…

Variant A and Variant B only delete an invalid license file from your system, so your data should be safe. Just move the “AppStore.rcpt” to the desktop and see what happens.

Hi Buddha-Pinneberg,

to enter your license select “Enter License…” from the “GarageSale” menu.

If not received already you can request your license at any time in the “Lost Licenses” section here:
http://www.iwascoding.com/Contact/index.php

Regards, Kristian

Hi,

OK, got GaragePay working again!

It seems I actually have Data for BOTH the website version 1.7.5 AND the MAS version 1.7.2.

See 2 screenshots.

I had originally purchased ($24.99) and installed the MAS version 1.7.2 over 2 years ago.

Then I wanted to upgrade to v1.7.5 so downloaded that from the website and have been using the newer website version for quite some time now.

But I guess the website version is still licensed to AppStore and checks for the AppStore.rcpt file???

So anyway… I deleted the AppStore.rcpt file from the MAS Data and the website version of GaragePay launches fine.

But, the About Box says: “Licensed to: Unlicensed”, so I went to “Enter License Code”, and Name is filled in with “AppStore” and a License code but just beeps when I click the OK button.

Kinda confusing…

So I re-downloaded the MAS version 1.7.2 to get the updated AppStore.rcpt file, then switched back to the website version 1.7.5 (which is now licensed to AppStore).

Works great now! :slight_smile:

Neal

For GaragePay, try deleting the file “AppStore.rcpt” from Library/Application Support/GaragePay.

Hallo … i have the same problem fix it:

• copy the folder Library / applications support / Garagenale - save it on your desktop
    delete the file “AppStore.rcpt” in all Folders ( desktop an Applications Support Folder ) and from Library/Application Support/GarageSale - clean your bin

restart GarageSale and enter your license or buy a a new licence if you install an new version the same but save a copy of the Library / applications support / Garagenale on you desktop without the “AppStore.rcpt”

you find the library on a mac on finder - go to - press alt - there ist the library

if you install an new Version garagesale ask you all details as a new customer … ists not a problem you have a backup into the folder

copy all from your desktop folder in the new folder Library / applications support / Garagenale replace the new Folders withe the old versions

and thada
you have your old auchtions ;)::…

Sorry… In my case…

No file “AppStore.rcpt” in Library/Application Support/GarageSale
nor
No file “AppStore.rcpt” in Library/Application Support/GaragePay

Since I never purchased GarageSale from MAS. I purchased GarageSale from iwascoding website.

I DID purchase GaragePay from MAS…

Neal

hey neal there ist one AppStore.rcp because the searched folder
second image is the second from the bottom its the second from the bottom

In variant c, step 2, how do place a copy of the folder on your desktop? Is it still in the library?

Drag the folder to your desktop while holding down the alt (aka option) key. A small green plus image should appear during dragging to indicating that you want to copy the folder instead of moving it.

I can’t copy because there is not enough free space. what can i do now? if i do variant b will gs get my data from the library?
thanks

Hey, you can copy the Folder on a usb stick or extern Hard Drive.

only for you - a copy of all Data and auctions

If you buy a new licence garagesale will ASK You all thinks like an New Customer. Its not the Problem. Your data still in the Folder. And if its gone copy all Data from the copy Folder in the Library. Copy only the garagesale Library.

i went to the apple store and they got it loaded for me…much easier than the instructions here. thank heavens for the apple store