GarageBuy 3.4 Beta 2 Released

Dear GarageBuy Users,

GarageBuy 3.4 Beta 2 is available for you to download from the URL below:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageBuy_3.4b2.dmg

What’s new in GarageBuy 3.4b2

• fixed flip display for time remaining in bid panel for non-retina displays
  • improved compatibility between the version from AppStore and our website
  • improved handling of end times for items that are no longer available from eBay

What’s new in GarageBuy 3.4b1

• improved speed when downloading data from eBay
  • fixes some nasty crashes when downloading data from eBay or our sync service
  • more reliable syncing of favorites and read items

System Requirements

• GarageBuy 3.4 requires OS X 10.12 or later
    Thanks for using GarageBuy,
    Paul on behalf of the iwascoding team

This release is definitely more stable and more responsive. I would like to mention that the item-counter is not readable when in dark mode.

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 17.40.08

Hi Kim,

thanks for your feedback. To be honest, I never thought of the Dark Mode when raising the macOS version that is supported. So now I have to decide to either disable or fix the Dark Mode :wink:

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul, it’s no big deal for me, I just thought I would mention it. Thank you for the great work.
Kim

I also just found out that copy and paste does not work in this beta. :+1: More specifically the copy function - when I mark text in the description of an item.

I couldn’t reproduce this issue. I selected a random listing and was able to copy (cmd-c) text from the item description without any problem.

I am using the final version 3.4 of GarageBuy and macOS 10.15.

Did you try it with different listings? Maybe it somehow has to do with the specific listing you tried it with?

Regards, Kristian

I also do have the 3.4 version with 10.15.5 macOS.
I tried different listings it’s all the same.
When I copy text and press cmd-c then I get the error sound.
Kim

I have one more issue to report:
On 3.4 version with 10.15.5 macOS.

After I view all unread items and open Garagebuy e.g. next day. All items I read last time appear again. So I need to mark them as read again. This happened already several times.

Hi Kim,

can you make a screen cast what/where exactly you are trying to copy something?

is this a syncing issue (e.g. the read items appear again as unread on another Mac) or is this on one machine only?

Thanks,
Paul

1. https://youtu.be/Q1ofSw9OsXA

2. I only use Garagebuy on my main computer. One machine.

Thank you!

That YT video is set to private. Can you make it public or upload it to DrobBox/send us a direct link?

Regards, Kristian

It’s unlisted. Should be working :+1:

Thank you. I tried it with the same listing here and I can copy the text without issue.

Could it be that one of your installed tools is blocking the copy command somehow? Maybe “PopClip”?

It’s also odd that your text selection appears light-grey and not light-blue. Yours look like the description area is not the frontmost area.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian, first of all thanks for the great support.
It was not Pop-clip. I just deleted and reinstalled GB and it’s working now. I’m not sure what it caused. :+1: