GaragePay 1.8 Beta 1 Released

Dear GaragePay Users,

The first beta version of GaragePay 1.8 is available for you to download from the URL below:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GaragePay_1.8b1.dmg

What’s new in GaragePay 1.8

• fixes UI glitches in macOS 10.14 Mojave

System Requirements

• GaragePay 1.8 requires OS X 10.11 or later

Thanks for using GaragePay,
Paul on behalf of the iwascoding team

I have 3 PayPal accounts.

How can I “arrange” the accounts in the left side pane???

They seem to show up in random order each time I launch GaragePay!

They are NOT in the order that they are in the Preferences pane, nor are they in alphabetical order…

I’d REALLY like to be able to click-and-drag to re-order the accounts in the upper left pane…

Or better-yet click-and-drag to re-order the accounts in the Preferences window, and have them show up in the same order in the main window.

See enclosed screenshots.

Thanx,
Neal

42_PM

Hi,

Just a note to say that it appears and seems like v1.8 is FASTER at updating my PayPal transactions!

Thanx!
Neal

Hi Neal,

thanks for letting me know. I added this to our TODO and will look whether I find time for soon.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Neal,

can you try this version out:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GaragePay_1.8.1b1.dmg

In this version, you should be able to reorder the accounts in the preferences and they should be ordered the same in the main window.

Thanks,
Paul

FANTASTIC!!!

Reordering in Preferences window works GREAT!!!

But… when first launching I get the “Loading database…” dialog and the spinning beachball (and Activity Monitor shows 100%) for a couple minutes. Then main window showed up. ???Database update/conversion???

Initial loading of transactions takes ALOT longer than v1.8!!

Second and subsequent launches and it was faster… Main window showed up and spinning beachball for a few seconds… Main window shows 1927 transactions… Another Main account has 34775 transactions…

Reordering while it is “searching for transactions” seems to result in a stuck spinning beachball. Here is a spindump:

I should have waited to re-order til it was done searching and updating, since I’m only gonna re-order one time… :slight_smile:

So… I force-quit, re-launch, WAIT TIL DONE UPDATING (which seems to take longer than v1.8), no Internet access during spinning beachball, just “processing”…

“In this version, you should be able to reorder the accounts in the preferences and they should be ordered the same in the main window.”

Yes, this does work!

Also, I have my transactions sorted by date, and they are definitely no longer sorted by date… And clicking the sort-by-date column header doesn’t sort by date. See photo:

After “searching” completes, if I click to sort by date then it does sort correctly…

When I change accounts, the sorting is not maintained/remembered and is incorrect.

And changing accounts takes MANY seconds with a spinning beachball.

Thanx Paul!!

Neal

GaragePay 1.8.1b1 Spindump.txt.zip (193.5 KB)

GaragePay 1.8.1b1 Spindump 2.txt.zip (207.0 KB)

GaragePay 1.8.1b1 Spindump 3.txt.zip (175.8 KB)

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 5.23.36 PM.png.zip (1.1 MB)

Hi Neal,

The reason is that we use CoreData/sqlite for saving. For the new sorting of the accounts I needed to add a flag which needs a “migration” that takes some time at the first launch.

This should be the same in the previous versions, as I did not touch any code in this area. As we use CoreData it is hard to actually improve something on our side. (CoreData is kind of a black box for us and the main reason that we moved away from it in GarageSale.) But I will look whether I can improve something about searching/filtering/sorting while downloading transactions.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Neal,

can you upgrade to the following version and try once again? Found some changes that could have caused the beachball while downloading transactions.

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GaragePay_1.8.1b2.dmg

Just reverted the changes, so performance-wise this should be the same as 1.8.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

MUCH BETTER!!!

It is usable once again and 1.8.1b2 works as good as v1.8 and is just as responsive.

“Found some changes that could have caused the beachball while downloading transactions.”

Yep! v1.8.1b1 was completely unresponsive and I had to Force Quit after more than an hour of the spinning beachball, every time…

“Just reverted the changes, so performance-wise this should be the same as 1.8.”

Yes. It is now acceptable.

And the re-ordering of accounts works GREAT!

Thanx!
Neal

Hi Paul,

This is not a big deal…

When re-arranging/re-ordering accounts (after drag and drop) in the Preferences window, the selected account is wrong in the main window and the list of transactions is not sorted and displayed “incorrect/wrong?/garbled?”.

It does not maintain the previously selected account and transactions in the main window.

Just select the main window and click/select a different account to “fix” the displayed list of transactions to be correct and correctly sorted.

Neal

Hi Neal,

better late than never…

Can you confirm that this release will fix this issue:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GaragePay_1.8.1b3.dmg

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Just got back… YES! This Version 1.8.1b5 (103) fixes this issue and works great!

Thanx!
Neal

1 Like