GarageSale 7.0.3 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 7.0.3 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier version):

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0.3.zip

Thanks to everybody who invested his or her time in testing the alpha and beta releases. GarageSale 7 wouldn’t have been possible without you!

What’s new in this version

• buyer adresses can be added to your address book in the Orders section
  • performance improvements in Scheduler window
  • stopping a running eBay listing from within GarageSale will disable the automatic restart option
  • the ‘Move Originals’ option in the ‘Launch Control’ window can now move listings to the Trash folder
  • fixed a bug the prevented multiple listings from being imported to file
  • fixed an issue that would prevent listing from being started when automatic restart options was already enabled
  • Spotlight listing design: Optimized “1st Image On Top” layout for smaller screens, e.g. iPad
  • the category sorting preference in now reflected in more designs
  • various crash fixes

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • can import listing drafts from the GarageSale Scout app on iPhone
  • a new custom database engine, which deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes on the variation level
  • you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
  • added a preference setting ‘Load Flash’ to prevent Flash plugin crashes
  • inventory items can be exported and imported
  • you can now set the quantity of 'Good ‘til cancelled’ listings to zero to mark the item “out of stock” (you need to enable the ‘Out of Stock’ feature in your selling preferences on eBay’s website)
  • when selling cars on eBay Motors or eBay UK, there is no a dedicated field for the vehicle ID (VIM or VRM)
  • the ‘Import from My eBay’ command now downloads large images from existing eBay listings
  • can automatically generate SKU for your variations
  • added a “Reveal Original” command to the outline view context menu when a smart group item is selected. Using that command, you can easily jump to the original item of an item shown in the smart group, for instance to delete it or move it to a different folder
  • return policy, payment options, and tax settings can be specified in GarageSale’s XML import format
  • added support for specifying shipping insurance cost on eBay Italy and France
  • added 4 new designs
  • when in Listing Editor mode, there’s now basic syntax highlighting and auto-completion for tags when in HTML or Markdown mode
  • much more

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license directly from iwascoding after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application. Unfortunately this free upgrade is not available for customers who bought GarageSale from the Mac App Store.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

How to import your GarageSale 6 library again

Sometimes there a bugs discovered and fixed in the component that migrates your GarageSale 6 library to GarageSale 7’s new format. If the bug effects you, here is how to run to import process again:

1. Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7 and want to keep
  2. Quit GarageSale 7
  3. Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
  4. Restart GarageSale 7
  5. Import any listings you exported in step #1

What’s still missing

• fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

1 Like

@ilja I did not understand this, what is it exactly? Can I display category box in listing design with a manual order? If so, can I show only first and second levels? I remember I had this trouble some months ago…

@ilja

I’m not sure what happened exactly, but ever since you made 7 and official release.
The performance has simply improved. I postpone upgrading my machine.

Whatever was done, thanks, just wanted to let u know.

Btw, it would be great to know the primary ebay category in the list view, for free auction listings. Not all categories allow free listings for auction listings.

Thank you.

1 Like

In 7.0.2, choosing “Add Image Url” froze the program after entering the URL: Neither Cancel nor OK worked, and there was no way out except to Quit and restart the program.

In 7.0.3, the same thing happened, but now my saved template was wiped out, too: It still showed in the sidebar, but was blank and nothing could be entered. Restarting GarageSale didn’t help. Using Time Machine to replace 7.0.3 with 7.0.2 didn’t help. I had to delete the template and re-create it. (I have a second, similar template for a different category. I duplicated it, made the necessary changes.)

Another “bug” or at least a feature I don’t understand: When I finished updating the template with the information for a new item I want to list, GS tells me there are duplicate listings and continuing will delete them, or something like that. I don’t understand what is happening.

I don’t see the two new items I listed today, only listings imported from eBay (meaning I went into My eBay and manually chose to relist).

I started to “empty the trash” and remove deleted listings, but changed my mind. The program froze.

I am running OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6 on a nearly new MacBook Pro.

Jut got notice about the new version 7. Congrats.
Am traveling so unable to tell yet whether v7 fixes the below problem which has been in play for years and also whether the new version allows upgraders to edit the info GS retrieves from eBay (i.e. They enter all their info in lower case, or ALL CAPS)? We need to be able to control what our email templates show to buyers when replying. And final question: Is the way Misc->PayPal window opens fixed. The first column is always too narrow and has to be manually widened to see the info within - every time.
Thank you for your excellent product.

Some design used a code path that ignored the “sort alphabetical” checkbox in GarageSale. The 7.0.3 release fixed this issue.

No, you cannot alter the category order manually. The category are displayed either in some random order as transmitted by eBay, or alphabetically if you have ticked the box in GarageSale’s preferences.

We know that there’s a box on My eBay that says “Sort categories alphabetically”, but that setting is not communicated to GarageSale, so we have to replicate it in GarageSale.

I believe this is possible, but that would require a custom design and some custom scripting in GarageSale’s design language.

https://wiki.iwascoding.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=GarageSale_Template_Language

Glad to hear the app works better for you now. It helps a lot if users send in “sample” or “spin dump” logs whenever GarageSale hangs, so we can optimize the application in that specific area.

That feature is already on the to do list. We just need to come up with a good architecture, that doesn’t slow down GarageSale too much for viewing lists with a lot of listings.

What is the URL you are entering?

When the application stalls, can you check with the Console utility (under /Applications/ Utilities) for output from GarageSale)

GarageSale 7 is fundamentally different in many ways from GS 6. There are no “listing templates” and auctions anymore, there are only listings. As a side-effect, each listing can only started exactly once. You can read about this change here:

https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs7/en/Changes_since_GarageSale_6-Listings_in_GarageSale_7_versus_Templates_and_auctions_in_GarageSale_6.html

GarageSale doesn’t show listings started with other tools or the eBay website, unless you import them through the “My eBay” import panel. If enough people like the old way better, we can add a checkbox to change that behavior. Just let us know. :wink:

Again, was there something logged to the Console utility as this happened? Does GarageSale always hang if you drag something outside the trash?

Sorry, I don’t get this? What information exactly do you want to edit?

Couldn’t you choose what e-mail template you are sending in GarageSale 6 already? What exactly are you referring to?

I just check and the column holding the buyer’s name and e-mail address are super-wide, so that shouldn’t be an issue anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.