GarageSale 7.0.5 (783) Issues with Shipping Weight

Currently noticing an anomaly regarding FLAT RATE SHIPPING selection through my templates.

For example, Ill have an item that weighs 13oz and will input the following shipping costs for domestic US shipping:

ECONOMY: $5
EXPEDITED: $8.75

Then under International I will add the weight and Calculated since the cost varies Country to country.

Then when an item is sold and is exported to my Shipping Software (Shipstation) the item weight data of 13oz is not being exported and seems to default at 15oz no matter what.

Started experienceing this after updating so wanted to mention this as being an error that can be investigated?

Thanks

-Anthony

TO re-iterate in case that was confusing:

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING SELECTION: FLAT RATE

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING SLECTION: CALCULATED
PACKAGE WEIGHT: 13oz
1ST CLASS INTERNATIONAL
USPS PRIORITY INTERNATIONAL

(Since picking FLAT RATE on DOMESTIC shipping tab, I am only prompted to select weight or package info on International Tab since it is calculated. I suspect this may be a part of the issue

Does Shipstation download the shipping data directly from eBay? Could it be that 13oz and 15oz shipments have the same shipping price, and therefore some entity tries to be smart and replaces the 13oz with 15?

First Class is a little strange.

1 to 8 Ounces is the same rate.

9 Ounces and above it increases per once.

Retail 1st Class only goes to 13 ounces.

eBay sellers who receive the commercial rate can ship up to 15.9 ounces thus there is an additional 14 and 15 ounce rate.

eBay sellers; however, can show customers either the higher retail rate or the discounted commercial rate. [I show the higher retail rate in case for some reason I am not able to obtain the commercial rate. I also show the commercial rate because eBay and PayPal will eat 12.9% of the shipping fee paid.]

Because there is no alternative retail rate to show customers for 14 and 15 ounce packages it appears eBay is defaulting to a flat rate envelope’s retail price of $6.45 for those 14 and 15 ounce rates. As that may seem excessive to some customers I may have to create a new template for those two weights which use a flat rate that is lower than the retail rate eBay is showing but still more than the actual cost not including the 12.9%.

SHIPSTATION does download the data from EBAY auctions, which get the data from these GARAGESALE templates.

This is a new error that I have not seen until updating to the latest version. I just had an item sell that was exactly 13oz, I used the following shipping selection through GARAGESALE:

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING SELECTION: FLAT RATE

1ST CLASS INTERNATIONAL

The error is that both ebay and shipstation get the incorrect weight through their system and automatically rounds up 13oz to 15oz. I have no idea why this would happen, because if i use the following rules this issue would not appear through ebay or shipstation:

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING SELECTION: CALCULATED
USPS 1ST CLASS
USPS PRIORITY

1ST CLASS INTERNATIONAL

Im also not sure if our buyers are being charged the incorrect amount or if this is just a data error with weights being miscalculated. I contacted SHIPSTATION SUPPORT regarding this issue and they told me it was not on their end, but was data coming from ebay. The reason we use these rules is to simplify the flat rate shipping for all of our 1st class packages. We still calculate for every package that weighs over 13oz and the program seems to cause no issues with Domestic Calculated Shipping. There seems to be an issue with FLAT RATE Domestic Shipping weighing 13oz or less. Any possible insights into what causes this issue?

Thanks

Can you give the items id of such a listing that you launched with 13oz from GarageSale, but ends up as 15 oz after the purchase. I’ll try get eBay too look into this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.